Question About Mame

morcar

Still Fresh
does anyone have a full list of games that runs on the gp2x version of mame at all as i would love to get them all and compile them all on 1 sd card .... cheers

I'm pretty sure Gp2x-MAME comes with a file that lists every game that works on it, and the files each zip should contain. It has a .crc extension if I remember well, and you can open it with Notepad.

newgen2005 said:
I have the full 0.34 set, this takes up around 900mb on the SD card.

Really? I have 1095 roms in my directory, and my total is 196 MB, including all subdirectories, samples, etc. I know I am short a few roms (1138 stated total), so if you say yours takes up 900MB, I must be missing some really big ones.

And Alex is correct, there is a gamelist.txt file which lists every game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nailz said:
newgen2005 said:
I have the full 0.34 set, this takes up around 900mb on the SD card.

Really? I have 1095 roms in my directory, and my total is 196 MB, including all subdirectories, samples, etc. I know I am short a few roms (1138 stated total), so if you say yours takes up 900MB, I must be missing some really big ones.

And Alex is correct, there is a gamelist.txt file which lists every game...

Ok dude, just checked the DVD I brought, it says 1,025 files, size on disk 970mb. Just copied that to my SD card.

morcar said:
does anyone have a full list of games that runs on the gp2x version of mame at all as i would love to get them all and compile them all on 1 sd card .... cheers

Here you go
Mame 0.34 games

newgen2005 said:
Ok dude, just checked the DVD I brought, it says 1,025 files, size on disk 970mb. Just copied that to my SD card.
I believe you completely, it's just weird that I apparently have more roms in my directory than you do and yet have taken up so much less space...

D:\GP2X\games\mamegp2x\roms>dir /w
Volume in drive D has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 687B-9150

Directory of D:\GP2X\games\mamegp2x\roms

[.] [..] 005.zip 1941.zip 1941j.zip ....... etc
1095 File(s) 172,234,767 bytes
2 Dir(s) 45,354,919,424 bytes free

:huh:

Back