Fba2x : Question About Cps2 Emulation

Alghazanth

I'm running Fba2x latest version with capex ; and enjoy playig CPS2 games a lot ; but for some reson for almost all CPS2 games I have only one version is displayed. For example I have both Us-Jpn-Asia versions of Super Puzzle Fighter 2 and both Us-Jpn for Vampire Saviour , SF3 Alpha / Zero versions etc. But only one of them ; generally Euro/US version looks availible in the menu

I know some clones even don't work in Mame but I know they are good roms and have been playing them for years in emus like mame , winkawaks so I guess roms aren't the problem

Thanks for any help

This version only supports a selected choice of games in the zip. I reduced that even further here to get it more accurate according to the output of the compiled binary.

bman said:
This version only supports a selected choice of games in the zip. I reduced that even further here to get it more accurate according to the output of the compiled binary.

So it's according to a list ? Does that mean it is possible playing different versions by another list of games ?

I'd like to be able to play original Japanese versions of the games because they have better quotes - speech.

If anyone has one list that enables to do so ; please share

best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Alghazanth said:
So it's according to a list ? Does that mean it is possible playing different versions by another list of games ?
No, it appears to be compiled into the binary. I just used that output to create an accurate list of supported games for FBACapex.

bman said:
Alghazanth said:
No, it appears to be compiled into the binary. I just used that output to create an accurate list of supported games for FBACapex.

I see. Thanks for the info. Hope it gets enabled in future versions ;) ; along with service mode

Back