Pandora Question about basic Pandora development

bustaballs

I've only ever developed in Windows before and I'm an advanced beginner or perhaps an intermediate level programmer in C++ and I'm slowly learning Allegro which is supported by the Pandora. Assuming that I develop my apps and games in SDL or Allegro and I set their resolution at 800x480, what else would I need to do to ensure that the porting process won't require more than a quick compile?

The usual stuff when getting in touch with Unix systems: Always use slashes instead of backslashes for paths, take care to properly capitalise names of folders and files, avoid anything from the WinAPI and use platform independent libraries instead if you need to, e.g. boost or glib are popular general purpose libs.

Oh and, of course, keep in mind that the Pandora has only OpenGL ES available, not OpenGL.

Also, if your game supports joysticks, make sure, that it will find any joysticks, not only the first one, else it will not work with the nubs.

When you use allegro, keep in mind, that there is only Version 4 on the Pandora, not 5 right now.

So, stdlib won't work in linux?

Yes, I'm working through a book that teaches Allegro4 right now. And I don't have a Pandora so I can't compile and test. I'd just like to develop for Pandora.

Thanks for the replies and I'm sorry if my questions seems very silly or noobish.

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

Back