Fire -A-
Run -X-
jump -L-
Strafe -R-
Look up -Y-
Look down -B-
Menu -Start-
Change Weapon -Select-

If that's how you set it up, how do you exit the game, and go back to the gp2x menu?

1) I've never had any problems controlling quake on the gp32.
2) The gp2x has 11 buttons (5 more than the gp32).
3) One button is used to return to the menu, leaving 10 for controls.
4) The gp2x port is based on the gp32 port, which created an extra button by combining L+R, so you're now back up to 11 action buttons.
5) You don't need seperate buttons for look up and down - just assign one button to look and use the stick to control up and down.
6) You exit quake the same way as you exit it on any other system - return to the menu then select exit.

woogal posted on Oct 20 2005 at 10:31 AM said:
4) The gp2x port is based on the gp32 port, which created an extra button by combining L+R, so you're now back up to 11 action buttons.
5) You don't need seperate buttons for look up and down - just assign one button to look and use the stick to control up and down.
6) You exit quake the same way as you exit it on any other system - return to the menu then select exit.

Thanks !!!

it makes more sense now

Last edited by a moderator:
woogal posted on Oct 20 2005 at 03:31 PM said:

11 buttons?! :blink:

I... I can see.... 1... 2... 3... 8 buttons! Not 11!! What the hell...?!
Are you considering volume+&- too? And the 11th? Can you press the stick too?!

didnt know that you can press the stick too until i saw the new video. this is really nice for emulation i think (ok depends on how strong to have to press it, if its not that easy, so you wont press it in an accident) cause then we can use all other buttons for mapping (psx?? :D )

Sonic-NKT posted on Oct 21 2005 at 02:02 PM said:
didnt know that you can press the stick too until i saw the new video. this is really nice for emulation i think (ok depends on how strong to have to press it, if its not that easy, so you wont press it in an accident) cause then we can use all other buttons for mapping (psx?? :D )

The d-pad button will be great fro straffing.

Okay wait a second before I get all happy and stuff. When you say Press the dpad I assume you men in the sam way the Dual shock sticks become R3 and L3 but it's been my experience holding the stick in and still moving simultaneously is a bit... impossible? For lack of a better word. Unless on the 2X it's built in some wierdly different way...

Back