Qtopia F200 0.1

Tag5

Website
Visit site
I was wondering if any one has tried Qtopia F200 0.1 yet?

It'll be awesome if it can run off the SD card like any other program but will find out tonight at home when I give it a whirl.
ohmy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll try it later, but my touch screen is broken (to much time with fpaint T_T ) and doesn't recognice the position very well (unusable) but will see if it works better than last time, and if with a 32MB swap it goes faster

Right I had a little play with Qtopia and it seems that it does not go any further than the welcome splash screen. A message saying 'Tap anywhere on the screen to continue.' appears but when you do as it says then it'll return to the GP2X menu. Sometimes it takes a few taps for it to recognise a response.

I have put the files into the following locations on my SD card to no avail:-

root
qtopia <Folder>
Applications/qtopia <Folder>

They all have the same result when run. I had noticed that on the first run it creates the following:-

qtopia <Folder>
Home <Folder>
|-Applications <Folder>
| |-qimpen <Folder>
|
|-Settings <Folder>
|-PluginLoader.conf
|-PluginLoader.conf.lock
|-Sound.conf
|-WorldTime.conf
|-qpe.conf

Does anybody else experience these same issues?
huh.gif

BTW: I'm using the GPH 4.0.0 firmware and running it through the GUI menu.
ohmy.gif

Currently it works with F200 firmware 4.1.0 or above. (With firmware 4.0.x, it didn't works)

Comment from http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,2784
Hope it will be fixed for 4.0 soon!

i'll try it later, but my touch screen is broken (to much time with fpaint T_T )

Someone is still using fpaint? :p Might want to update it soon then!

Someone is still using fpaint? :p Might want to update it soon then!

was there an update? XD anyway it's already broken, the X axis doesn't work as it should.

Grz- said:
Currently it works with F200 firmware 4.1.0 or above. (With firmware 4.0.x, it didn't works)
Comment from http://dl.openhandhe...?0,0,0,0,8,2784
Hope it will be fixed for 4.0 soon!
Ah ok then, this comment must have been added since I had tested it last night.
cool.gif

I wonder if someone that is using Open2X on the GP2X-F200 can have a whirl just to see if this works.
smile.gif

me too, open2X on my F200. f200 version with no response, and f100 version at 0.0000000000001 FPS aparently, the cursor won't move a bit, and if it does it's after 30 seconds holding the pad.
all tested both with and without swap memory

The author ikari will be supporting firmware 4.0.x and Open2X in future releases. See here.
laugh.gif

Tag5 said:
The author ikari will be supporting firmware 4.0.x and Open2X in future releases. See here.
laugh.gif
Hooray! A new version of Qtopia is now available which definately works on Firmware 4.0.0 for the GP2X-F200. Qtopia F200 1.0.1 should work on Open2X but I am unable to test this as I do not have it installed.

You can get this new version from the same above link.

It's a pretty amazing system in my opinion and ticks a lot of boxes for me. OK, all features will not work as they should on the GP2X due to not having a network or infrared connection. I would avoid in using the handwriting tool as the method of input for characters and symbols. Not to worry, you have a choice of touchscreen keyboards anyhow.
biggrin.gif

Of course, do not bother in setting the date and time as it'll only revert to dafault when you power on the unit due to the lack of a CMOS battery in the GP2X-F200. If you have the patience, you could always set the date and time each time you use this system to use the calendar and alarm clock feature.

Anyways, enough of my gibber gabber. Have a play with it.
laugh.gif

Back