Release QMPlay2 17.09.16

canseco

Very Active Member
QMPlay2 17.09.16

QMPlay2 is a video and audio player. It can play all formats supported by FFmpeg, libmodplug (including J2B and SFX). It also supports Audio CD, raw files, Rayman 2 music and chiptunes. It contains YouTube and Prostopleer browser.

preview1.png

Changelog

- Initial release.
- Default configuration for OpenPandora.
- Sources included in src folder.
- Latest stable release.
- Updated sources and libs.
- Latest stable release. Compiled with QT 5.8 from latest Codeblocks beta PND.
- Added xkb keyboard made by _jr_ and integrated by ptitSeb.
- Updated default config, libs and sources.
- Latest stable release. Compiled with latest Codeblocks beta PND.
- Updated libs, scripts and patched source code in src folder.
- Latest stable release. Compiled with QT 5.9 from latest Codeblocks beta PND.
- Latest stable release.
- Updated youtube-dl and patched source code in src folder.

Link to homepage:
https://github.com/zaps166/QMPlay2/
Link on repo:
https://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=qmplay2&dp=true

Last edited:
Really nice player, it has youtube, internet radio and plays my local sids, music and video files.
I struggled a bit with the limited screen estate though, which defaults to too big for my screen and made adding folders to a playlist a bit harder. The bottom of the file explorer is unreachable and the window seems stuck and can't be moved up or down with L shoulder like usual even when un maximized. But I managed and now try to find a way to make this work in daily usage :)
It has to beat audacious, the tube and smplayer2, almost there!! Or has it maybe already.... ?

I'll tell you in a few days

Strange, as the window should be maximized and take the entire screen, like the preview i did take on OpenPandora.
Maybe your window top bar is more bigger?

The default configuration i did has widgets locked, but you con unlock them with Shift+L or using menu Widgets->Lock widgets and move panels around to fit your needs.

There are some SIDs, like the ones using 3 SID by Samar Productions, that use too much CPU, but it only needs a few options to support older devices, like QMMP has.

Changelog

- Latest stable release.
- Updated sources and libs.

Changelog

- Latest stable release. Compiled with QT 5.8 from latest Codeblocks beta PND.
- Added xkb keyboard made by _jr_ and integrated by ptitSeb.
- Updated default config, libs and sources.

Hi all :)

@ canseco : thanks for the update, it's really appreciated !

The default language is set to Spanish though :p

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hrm... the mechanism to update youtube-dl doesn't seem to work. Pressing the "delete youtube-dl" button reports success, and the next time you try to load a youtube video it reports success downloading and installing youtube-dl, but when you actually go to play the video it still fails. There don't seem to be any relevant messages in the pndrun.out file except to note the failure to retrieve the video.

-Neelix

Hrm... the mechanism to update youtube-dl doesn't seem to work.

The first time it boots, it makes the config folder and copies youtube-dl and default config files to appdata/.qmplay2 folder.

I can confirm it doesn't update it, but i can still stream videos and download them, even after deleting it...

I will update youtube-dl manually for now until i found the problem.

Last edited:
Only some videos fail to load. Others work ok.
When one fails, something like this appears in the pndrun.out file:
Code:
QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/mnt/utmp/qmplay2/.qmplay2/youtube-dl") is still running. 
[04 May 2017 03:09:19] Cannot open: YouTube://{https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n24CuiJAQE}

Hrm... That's odd.. I tried copying the current version of youtube-dl from the TheTube appdata folder, (TheTube plays the affected videos ok since I I used it's update youtube-dl function) but it didn't seem to make any difference, the affected videos still won't play in QMPlay2.

-Neelix

Changelog

- Latest stable release. Compiled with latest Codeblocks beta PND.

You can see the program changelog using menu option Help->About QMPlay2->Changelog.

Changelog

- Latest stable release. Compiled with QT 5.9 from latest Codeblocks beta PND.

Back