Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

3dfx is not possible, as there is no 3d acceleration.

Can you give me a link to the formula one you mean?
Don't know if this is the one he means, but this is the classic F1 game:

http://www.simracing...icroprose-f1gp/

It really chugs in DOSbox, but I think it'll have a good chance of performing well in Qemu.

I'd love to see this running too, had it on Amiga but PC version always played much smoother even when compared to my A4000.

Tried the demo (which is restricted to 8 FPS), runs quite well in "cockpit mode", little choppy if in "external camera mode" (Pandora @950Mhz, Dos 6.22)

Why don't try freedos to launch dos games ? In my pentium 100mhz is a lot better than MSDOS 6.22, it uses less memory for drivers, and can even be run at 32 bit. There are at least 2 memory manager, one optimized for xms that can use ALL the ram, but incompatible with some games, and one compatible to ms dos that can use up to 32 mb ram.

Anyway I don't know how qemu manages the ram... optimising the use of conventional memory in dos was a pain...

Last edited by a moderator:
3dfx is not possible, as there is no 3d acceleration.

Can you give me a link to the formula one you mean?
Don't know if this is the one he means, but this is the classic F1 game:

http://www.simracing...icroprose-f1gp/

It really chugs in DOSbox, but I think it'll have a good chance of performing well in Qemu.

I'd love to see this running too, had it on Amiga but PC version always played much smoother even when compared to my A4000.

Tried the demo (which is restricted to 8 FPS), runs quite well in "cockpit mode", little choppy if in "external camera mode" (Pandora @950Mhz, Dos 6.22)

Many thanks for trying the game, I'll still try it and tweak the GFX.

I know a lot of games have already been suggested, but I'll add another to the back of the queue :)

RollerCoaster Tycoon (Minimum requirements: Pentium 90 and 16 MB of RAM)

It isn't a 3D game, so there's a chance it won't lag as much as some others that have similar requirements. I wonder what speed this game can get. :rolleyes:

I'll have a look at these games tonight.

As for @NESnero, I dunno if you're trolling or not but your answer is one big fat no.

I second the requests to test Crusader: No Remorse / Crusader: No Regret as well as the requests to test Star Wars: X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter. Of these, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter has the highest system requirements, which is a Pentium 90. The next title in the series, X-Wing Alliance, doesn't look like it has a chance...
Crusader is on the list, but I have to find my CD first.

X-Wing runs quite well (unfortunatly without sound), with low details, controlls could be an issue.

Tie Fighter doesn't start currently

Why don't try freedos ...
I tried it, but gave up as nearly all games that required ems Memory crashed with an expection message ("jemm386 caused ...") on startup

RollerCoaster Tycoon (Minimum requirements: Pentium 90 and 16 MB of RAM)
As far as I know IngoReis currently prepares a video showing rollerCoaster Tycoon

@all

mcobit and IngoReis already prepared a wiki page, which is slowly being populated with information, some of your requests already have an entry in the games table

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Humans,now i registered for Mcobits and my Project here :)

This is my first Post in the english Forum.

Normaly i am in German Pandora Forum,because my english is not the best.

I wantet to write that i prepared 2 new Videos and Mcobit will upload them to Youtube next Time.

1. Crusader: No Regret at 950mhz with Sound and Dos7.10 =good playable with Sound :)

2. Fatal Racing without Sound and with lowest Details and Freedos1.1 =playable,but little stuttering <_<

Videos will be here soon.

I hope for many happy Postings here and when you want that i test a Game,

post a Link to the Demoversion or Freeware here :)

(but plz be realistic because the System Requiriments)

happy Posting and greetings from Germany :D

Back