Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

When this is out I'm gonna try running Deus Ex and System Shock 2 on 98. I don't even care if it runs at -10,000FPS and takes a day to load, Imma do it anyway!
-10,000 FPS would (theoretically) mean it's running EXTREMELY fast, but backwards. :p

Thats only if the seconds are negative.

What if the frames were negative?

@mcobit what switches did You add to "./configure " in compilation time of qemu for OP?

Hrrm, I wonder if SMAC (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri) would play nice here; oddly, I found my (get this..) Linux CD (from Loki) of this, but not my Windows CD; now I'll have to install an ancient Debian or something, to try it :p

side-tangent, but you can install it on newer distros - just takes a bit more setup:

http://blog.hokietux.net/?p=13

Nice :) But way too much work (and by 'way', I mean, not too much, but when you can buy the Windows verison on GoG or around, for $5 or so, thats easier, thoiugh less fulfilling; but sometimes you just want to fire up a game and not wrestle with details ..)

Thanks for the tip .. its cool there is a loki lib compat package, didn't know that.

jeff

lol, yes has anyone tested halflife? the single player part used some so small map section I remember it played well on really old configuration... I doubt any mod would play correctly, but single player with all theses loading every 20meters might run well enough...

If Diablo 2 "runs", Half-Life might not be too bad. Just saying.

It depends heavilyon the type of game. 3d games in general seem slower than 2dgames.

Where starcraft now runs really playable with sound, halflife or ut don't.

Amazing!

Of course 5 minutes to startup means that a "quick blast of Starcraft" is an unlikely propostion!

Just to show where we are right now. I don'thave halflife installed sorry.

Back