Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

900-1000 MHz currently, you will need to define what is playable for you though.

I finished the demo without problems, even when there were around 14 Units and buildings on screen.

Also I. Deactivated colourcycling and animated avatars.

Edit: Without sound it is even more fluid of course. I can make a video with my latest image and version tomorrow, if I find the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems your previous BW video wasn't in fastest mode.

When playing story mode or custom game, the default game speed isn't maxed.

You can increase it with "+" or inside the menu.

In multiplayer it's selected at the game creation.

If you want to, you can also load a replay (need patch >~ 1.08) and do a fast forward to stress the beast ^^.

Hey mcobit, what clockspeed were you running at when you last recorded Age of Empires? Might be an idea to put them in the video descriptions! :)

Also being a newb here, but just asking why the Pandora runs UT at such a horrible speed? I mean it can run Quake 3 pretty damn good and they seem to be on the same level, I'm guessing its because a lot of the system resources are taken up through running qemu and the emulation process?

mcobit, please make quick video of terminator: future shock or terminator: skynet.

im so interested in seeing this ..

thanks in advance..

btw. when beta tests [for users] will start?

Also being a newb here, but just asking why the Pandora runs UT at such a horrible speed? I mean it can run Quake 3 pretty damn good and they seem to be on the same level, I'm guessing its because a lot of the system resources are taken up through running qemu and the emulation process?
Yup, Qemu is cpu-intensive.

UT binaries are not made for ARM, while ID Software opened their code so it can be recompiled for ARM.

Qemu is "old" and already well-programmed so you shouldn't expect more than already benchmarked.

Maybe some dirty tricks can improve things a little.

Oh BTW mcobit, do you plan to make you gui relative images-friendly ?

Hrrm, I wonder if SMAC (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri) would play nice here; oddly, I found my (get this..) Linux CD (from Loki) of this, but not my Windows CD; now I'll have to install an ancient Debian or something, to try it :p

side-tangent, but you can install it on newer distros - just takes a bit more setup:

http://blog.hokietux.net/?p=13

Has anyone tried Theme Park on this? I loved that game!

Has anyone tried Theme Park on this? I loved that game!
It's a shame nobody ever considered a remake of it too. I've searched a few times, and found nothing. So I'd agree, it'd be nice to play it again through this

As an Amiga fan, I hate to admit that the standard version of Theme Park on the A500 wasn't great, was too cut down for my tastes! The AGA version was much better, but there's no way of playing that on the Pandora(yet). I did play loads of it on my older brothers pc back in the day though... ;)

When this is out I'm gonna try running Deus Ex and System Shock 2 on 98. I don't even care if it runs at -10,000FPS and takes a day to load, Imma do it anyway!

Back