Python Ide

Sephiroth

Website
Visit site
Heyho,

is there some sort of programming enviroment for python available?
On my desktop-pc i'm using eclipse with some plugins, but i don't think this would run on the pandora. Even if, it would be to slow (Is it right now on my desktop:p)
I've heared something about Eric Python IDE, but i couldn't find it in the angstrom repository... Don't think there is an arm version available..:/

Are there any python prorammers out there who can share there experiences?

Last question:
In order to code something on the pandora and for the pandora, it is recommended to use python 2 i think..?

greetings

I wondered while testing python on the pandora. When typing python into the terminal, he shows me, that there is python2.6.2 running on the pandora.
but after a little bit of playing around, i realised that he is also able to run python3 code(in the same file as the python2 stuff!!)
o something like
print "hello world"
print("hello world2")

works perfectly and gives out:
hello world
hello world2

what is going on??

What should i use?
What is with other syntax conflicts? hmm

greetings from the country of the new world champion(in a few weeks :))

That's not python 3 code.

in python 3: print("hello") is a function call with a single string argument "hello".
in python 2: print("hello") is a print statement followed by the expression ("hello"). The parenthesis just change evaluation priority here, which for a single expression is rather pointless.

By the way, you can also use idle as programming environment.

has anyone has got experience with python-idle on the pandora? i installed the python-idle package, but if i type into the console "idle", i get this error:
Code:
panda:~$ idle        
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/idle", line 3, in <module>
    from idlelib.PyShell import main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/idlelib/PyShell.py", line 27, in <module>
    from EditorWindow import EditorWindow, fixwordbreaks
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/idlelib/EditorWindow.py", line 11, in <module>
    import webbrowser
ImportError: No module named webbrowser

any suggestions? ;)

@centus:
almost laughed :D

greetings

Capitano said:
any suggestions? ;)
Angstrom doesn't include Python's full standard library by default (aimed at embedded systems, remember). But they're all in the repo. "opkg install python-modules" should do it, I think. You might also need python-misc.
But be careful, I don't know how large these are, so they could overwhelm the space on your NAND!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back