Pandora Python editor on Pandora

Sephiroth

Website
Visit site
Heyho

I know, it won't be very comfortable to program on the pandora ("small" resolution; keyboard). But for some quick ideas in the train or something. Why not=)

Yesterday, i wrote a script with the mousepad editor and it was a torture.. no syntax highlighting, a lot of problems with the indent not to mention things like auto-completion or something.

on my desktop pc, i'm using eclipse with pydev and i'm very contented with this combination.

Is there a lightweight editor/ide that supports python?

greetings

pretty sure geany does, just punch sudo opkg install geany into the terminal, or somethign like that, there's a paclage for it at least

(gedit/similar probably exists, or you could just use nano/vi/emacs/ed etc), look through the list of packages :D

You ask, I pack ;)

Oh, that's the way it works? :)

Than I would have a packing request as well: could you please make a pnd of "TangoGPS"?

As I visited you for Pandora repair a few weeks ago I was guided by tangoGPS to your place, remember seeing it on my pandora?

TangoGPS can be downloaded from the Angstöm repo, only one dependency (GPSD) has to be downgraded manually for tangoGPS to work: http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/gpsd_2.38-r0.1_armv7a.ipk

Corresponding thread can be found here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54520-bluetooth-gps-and-tangogps/page__hl__tangogps

Thanks ED! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that's interested in a Python IDE for beginners, I've just found out about gEcrit.

Dependencies are wxPython - Minimum version: 2.8 and it's released under GPLv3.

gEcrit is a Python IDE. Its focus is on simplicity and ease of use. It is fast and lightweight. It features Python indentation, line numbers, code folding, syntax highlighting, shell access, code completion, a program runner, a source browser, indentation guides, a white space indicator, autosaving, an edge line, multiple tabs, printing, jumping to a specific line, word searching, word replacement, zooming undo/redo, pastebin.com code submission, Python syntax checking, the ability to change the indentation of many lines at once, autocompletiton, and bad brace checking.

Not tried it yet but it looks perfect (quite finger friendly) and should be an easy port :)

I tried Geany. It seams decent, but isn't there supposed to be syntax highlighting? I can't find an option for it anywhere.

It looks like it was recognizing the python file, but I set it to python anyway, and there's still no highlighting.
Now that's strange, something must be missing. Highlighting and keywords are defined in the filetype definition (/usr/share/geany/filetypes.python), I don't know whether the basic selection of filetypes are partly hardcoded or just taken from what's available, maybe the file is simply missing in the PND?

AFAIK you can't disable highlighting, if its filetype is set to something highlightable, it will be highlighted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back