Pyrafox: The Optimized Browser

jedi23

Very Active Member
Pyrafox.jpg

Edit: it was an April 1st joke. Can be deleted or moved to Off-Topic.

I am excited to announce the first alpha release of Pyrafox, a new Firefox derivative optimized for the Dragonbox Pyra Handheld. Pyrafox is designed to make full use of the OMAP5 capabilities, providing lightning-fast performance and a seamless browsing experience on the go.

With Pyrafox, you can enjoy a browser that is specifically tailored to the capabilities of the Dragonbox Pyra. Whether you're browsing the web, streaming video, or working on the go, Pyrafox offers a smooth, responsive, and efficient experience that you won't find with other browsers on the Pyra.

Built on the trusted Firefox platform, Pyrafox offers a wide range of features and benefits, including robust security and privacy protections, easy-to-use navigation, and seamless integration with popular web services and applications.

For more information on Pyrafox and its features, please check out my project at https://dev.pyra-handheld.com/jedi23/pyrafox

Please be advised that it is an early alpha release, but a more stable beta can be expected to be released in Two Months™

Last edited:
And I was planning to make my PC super silent with the newly announced Zero Wings AI controlled smart fans. Sadly, not gonna happen. Damn you April 1st!

Therefore i had a great April First, were i maneged to get lots of One Piece Episodes watched on my new expensive Elektronic Toy ^^
One could think you mean the Pyra, but you surely mean an iPad ;) Both expensive Toys though :D

The Pyra is not new anymore, i have it since more than 2 Years now ^^
The iPad Air is even older, if you don't target the Generation! It was released on November 2013. What I meant was: there are still many people who would love to call the Pyra their new electronic toy^^

Btw. do you know AltStore? It's a great tool to run any kind of software on an iPad or iPhone without jailbraking your device. And there's absolutely no risk of bricking it! With AltStore I installed Retroarch on my iPad which is absolutely awesome because iOS (and iPadOS) support all modern Game Controllers.

Its the 5 Generation, so the newest, i will have a look on AltStore if i can find the time..
But i will make a new Ipad Thread, the Thread i used in the German Part was 10 Years old..

Actually I found sad this browser joke... April's fools jokes are mostly about something unattainable, like maybe Playstation 3 emulation at 120 FPS... so this one seems to say that there will never be a good browser on the device.

Back