Pyra stylus calibration not working ?


PowerGod

Forum Addict!
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
4,672
I tried different times the calibration utility for the stylus, but I can't see any difference ... the pointer is always different pixels away from the touched point.
Worked the same on Buster and also on Bookworm (now 12.15).

When I click in the middle of the screen seems somehow correct, but the more I move to the borders it become less and less precise ...

Am I the only one with this issue ?
Do I have to do some manual configuration after or before the calibration ?

I am aware of the hardware limits at the sides, but I can't even get it precise on the rest of the display.

Was this already discussed somewhere ?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Also it speaks about a "get_precalib.sh" but I can't find it on the system.

EDIT:

Also I noted that in some points, when I keep pressed the stylus without moving it, the pointer keeps trembling doing random micro selection squares or grabbing icons.
 
Last edited:
I tried different times the calibration utility for the stylus, but I can't see any difference ... the pointer is always different pixels away from the touched point.
Worked the same on Buster and also on Bookworm (now 12.15).

When I click in the middle of the screen seems somehow correct, but the more I move to the borders it become less and less precise ...

Am I the only one with this issue ?
Do I have to do some manual configuration after or before the calibration ?

I am aware of the hardware limits at the sides, but I can't even get it precise on the rest of the display.

Was this already discussed somewhere ?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Also it speaks about a "get_precalib.sh" but I can't find it on the system.
I was always under the impression it was my bad fine motor skills trying to hit an exact point during calibration, so blaming myself for not doing it right (which might be true).
But, I never purposefully tried to do it incorrect to see the result to see if the calibration itself was working properly.
 
But, I never purposefully tried to do it incorrect to see the result to see if the calibration itself was working properly.
I actually tried, but it's pretty difficult since the utility resets every time it detects wrong coordinates ... so I started to click constantly at random in circle and at some point the utility got the values, absolutely different from the ones I got when I was precise.

Anyway nothing changed ... I'm not sure if that xorg configuration is really used to set the coordinates ...
 
Good to know, maybe the that utility could be obsolete and the configuration is somewhere else ...
 
just doing some random search about the argument

Code:
# xinput list
⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ TSC2007 Touchscreen                         id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ pyra-game-buttons                           id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ pyraInput Mouse                             id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ palmas_pwron                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ tca8418                                     id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ user-buttons                                id=10    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ pyra-game-buttons                           id=13    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ pyraInput keyboard                          id=11    [slave  keyboard (3)]

# xinput list-props TSC2007 Touchscreen
Device 'TSC2007 Touchscreen':
    Device Enabled (121):    1
    Coordinate Transformation Matrix (122):    1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
    libinput Calibration Matrix (262):    1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
    libinput Calibration Matrix Default (263):    1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
    libinput Send Events Modes Available (245):    1, 0
    libinput Send Events Mode Enabled (246):    0, 0
    libinput Send Events Mode Enabled Default (247):    0, 0
    Device Node (248):    "/dev/input/event5"
    Device Product ID (249):    0, 0

# sudo grep -RniE 'touch|tsc2007|libinput|calibration'     /etc/X11 /etc/udev/rules.d /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d 2>/dev/null
/etc/X11/Xsession:82:if (umask 077 && touch "$ERRFILE") 2> /dev/null && [ -w "$ERRFILE" ] &&
/etc/X11/Xsession:105:# cause mysterious X session failures.  We do not use touch, :, or test -w
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-pyra-touchscreen.conf:2:    Identifier    "calibration"
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-pyra-touchscreen.conf:3:    MatchProduct    "TSC2007 Touchscreen"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:8:#   MatchDriver "libinput"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:10:#   MatchIsTouchpad "on"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:15:# This applies the option any libinput device also matched by the other
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:20:        Identifier "libinput pointer catchall"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:23:        Driver "libinput"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:27:        Identifier "libinput keyboard catchall"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:30:        Driver "libinput"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:34:        Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:35:        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:37:        Driver "libinput"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:41:        Identifier "libinput touchscreen catchall"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:42:        MatchIsTouchscreen "on"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:44:        Driver "libinput"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:48:        Identifier "libinput tablet catchall"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf:51:        Driver "libinput"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:2:# "tablet", "touchscreen", and "touchpad" to ensure that the Wacom
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:18:        Identifier "Wacom USB touchscreen class"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:21:        MatchIsTouchscreen "true"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:26:        Identifier "Wacom USB touchpad class"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:29:        MatchIsTouchpad "true"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:42:    Identifier "Wacom touchscreen class"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:45:    MatchIsTouchscreen "true"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:50:    Identifier "Wacom touchpad class"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:53:    MatchIsTouchpad "true"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:57:# Serial Wacom devices should always be one of tablet, touchscreen, or
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:58:# touchpad so we can safely get away with just one match section in
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:105:# Dell Canvas 27 (touch part is an Advanced Silicon, pen part a Wacom)
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:107:        Identifier "Dell Canvas 27 Touch"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:110:        MatchIsTouchscreen "true"
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-wacom.conf:116:        Identifier "SurfaceGo Touch"
 
Back
Top