Pyra Settings UI

if you do that (user-specified response curve), you may want to allow the use of "profiles" for different use cases. maybe some games you want certain responses, and others others.

i also think showing the raw input would be helpful, if nothing else than to show if your nubs are working properly.

if you do that (user-specified response curve), you may want to allow the use of "profiles" for different use cases. maybe some games you want certain responses, and others others.

i also think showing the raw input would be helpful, if nothing else than to show if your nubs are working properly.

Maybe You can even go further by adding a function that automatically switches between profiles for the one that you choose when you start a specific app.

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Could you just have a gamma control analogous to those used in image processing.
I can't imagine many people wanting a nub response following anything other than a simple smooth curve.

User-specified response curves/ranges/whatever are kinda out of scope of this tool imo, as it only acts as a frontend to what the nubs driver offers. That's currently the feature set of the Pandora one, we'll see what's in for this for the actual Pyra after the prototypes probably.

Automatic switching based on application would require it to constantly run in background or an extra daemon (or implemented in DBP, but I don't really want to burden anyone with that right now).
It could also be pretty confusing in a multitasking environment and in its current state not so useful for games as there's nothing to configure in joystick mode (like custom dead zones for example). But that's just my view on it right now.

I'll be honest here, I never use profiles on my Pandora, except maybe when some PND managed to not reset my configuration after crashing. It's pretty much there because I didn't want to deliver an inferior application as supposed replacement.
I can see some use cases, but the options are limited.

Concerning the application specific profiles.
I think it would be better to modify the corresponding .desktop file to first try to load the specific profile and then just launch the actual program

What is wrong with just having a per-program specific adjustment in the programs/games requiring it?

Make the default as quick easy and painless to adjust as possible.

Could you just have a gamma control analogous to those used in image processing.
I can't imagine many people wanting a nub response following anything other than a simple smooth curve.

Depends on whether the actuation is linear to begin with.

For some purposes, response in a straight line would be preferred (absolute positioning / joystick). For some, an exponential curve would be better (FPS / mouse).

The concept of a 'dead zone' within minor movements of the nub may be important too. The nubs are 'press to click' For people with less than perfectly steady hands, it might be difficult to press-click without moving the cursor. We won't know until someone gives detailed reports on the production nubs.

I've waited for something like that to come up. This is just the theme on my desktop Linux install, the slider is the native gtk widget under the hood.
It was bound to spread some confusion as I've posted screenshots from a Pandora version, the build in a Debian testing VM @ 720p to demonstrate the screen space usage on the Pyra and from my actual Linux desktop, since I got lazy there. No worries.

0 is the center for the sliders with negative range. I find it clear enough after you've moved the slider once.
There's also an value labeling (min, current, max) option for sliders in wxWidgets, but I honestly don't find it visually appealing (it also takes quite some vertical space), so I just went with a manual single label next to it.

How about using a checkbox to "invert scroll direction" (aka "naural scrolling" under ubuntu)? That would be the most familiar thing to set up the scroll speed, no negative values would be needed.

Back