Pyra pictures (spoilers)

bzar

A Commando
Website
Visit site
Since some people want to avoid spoilers, I thought we could just have a thread full of them for such people to avoid.

Here's the package
20201231_131732.jpg

And here's a random other picture
20201231_133703.jpg

Don’t moan that much, at least you may get your Pyra on Saturday,
If I’m lucky I can put my Final Order on this day..
Edit; and can whe let this topic just for pictures? Your post don’t have to be spoilerd

Send from something, i guess ^^

Maybe whiteout the Brexit and the German VAT Change, the Dragonbox Shop where open yesterday, so it may be I had my Pyra also in 2020.. but well next Monday is still vacation for me ^^

Send from something, i guess ^^

Likely the software has a bit more work for it to be acceptable for the masses, still some oddities with scaling to fullscreen on some games,some other usability things we had on the Pandora are just not there yet...

The good:
Keyboard is great, need to get used to it as it's surely different than the Pandora which I have memorized.
Wifi, great speed don't need to worry about it being slow like the Pandora.
Screen looks amazing, very clear and vivid.
Sound out of the speakers are good

Still plugging away, tried to build a new version of bennugd for Streets of Rage Remake, but it segfaults. My OpenTyrian port works, but only works in a window, fullscreen is drawn off the screen, likely something to do with the odd rotation that is being done.

Edit: figured it out and updated the DBP on the repo, still have full screen issues, but so it seems a lot of full screen SDL 1.2 applications.

Last edited:
no idea but it reminds me of populus.
Yeah, or even Reprisal, which apparently took inspiration from Populous.

My apologies as I’m afraid I can’t remember and the search function doesn’t seem to be providing results efficiently, so would someone please remind me whom we should thank for this beautiful art work? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
The box art looks really nice, but to me, it doesn't really go with the product.

A serene countryside doesn't fit with the image of a dragon (Dragonbox, EvilDragon) or Pyra's loose association with fire (Colour, logo, name); and the device itself is electronic and high-tech, which you also don't really associate with the countryside.

The box art looks really nice, but to me, it doesn't really go with the product.

A serene countryside doesn't fit with the image of a dragon (Dragonbox, EvilDragon) or Pyra's loose association with fire (Colour, logo, name); and the device itself is electronic and high-tech, which you also don't really associate with the countryside.

That image, to me is actually of the village or small town where the dragon resides or attacks, depending on how you look at it :)

That image, to me is actually of the village or small town where the dragon resides or attacks, depending on how you look at it :)
I get where you're looking here... but there's no sense of lingering danger, or any damage from previous dragon attacks, and the dragon mythos usually puts them up in caves, not tents by a stream. I'd more associate this with something like the "A Short Hike" game.

Don't get me wrong, it's a georgeous piece of art, but I just don't think it "fits" a handheld computer from a company based around dragons.

Back