Pyra Docking Station with Ethernet?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The OMAP5 has two USB2.0 host only ports, and one USB3.0/2.0 OTG port. The USB3.0 micro-AB is much wider than the USB2.0 micro-AB port, so it is conceivable that EvilDragon may ignore the 3.0 features and just leave it with the USB2.0 features to save some space. Possible, but not very likely; it wouldn't make sense for him to have two USB2.0 hosts in favour of the USB3.0 OTG.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The OMAP5 has two USB2.0 host only ports, and one USB3.0/2.0 OTG port. The USB3.0 micro-AB is much wider than the USB2.0 micro-AB port, so it is conceivable that EvilDragon may ignore the 3.0 features and just leave it with the USB2.0 features to save some space. Possible, but not very likely; it wouldn't make sense for him to have two USB2.0 hosts in favour of the USB3.0 OTG.
Ahh, no sorry, I was not talking about physical connector dimensions, just about what ports will have what capabilities

Wow...i completly forgot this Thread.

Nice Question:
Do we have Ethernet over HDMI in the Pyra?

I did not found the Answer in this Thread here.

When yes i can maybe us a HDMI Cable with Ethernet Connector for the Pyra.

Nice Idea :)

I... don't know. Apparently ethernet over HDMI came in with 1.4 and IIRC we support version 1.4 of the HDMI standard on the Pyra. Whether the system exposes a network port over that interface and I've not come across anyone testing it yet, so no doubt it's currently broken, but that's not to say it couldn't be made to work.

Last edited:
I... don't know. Apparently ethernet over HDMI came in with 1.4 and IIRC we support version 1.4 of the HDMI standard on the Pyra. Whether the system exposes a network port over that interface I've not come across anyone testing yet, so no doubt it's currently broken, but that's not to say it couldn't be made to work.
Mandatory vs. optional. You can't get your dedicated desktop video card to output a network signal, either, but it still claims to support HDMI 1.4+.

I'm pretty sure you won't find this feature on anything outside of multimedia devices for your home cinema. This is not something that you just get for free from an HDMI controller, just like its audio channel (dedicated video cards: separate audio codec on the PCIe bus!) you need dedicated hardware for that.

Back