Pyra Christmas Present unboxing

Like so?

○●○●○○○○○●●●●○○●○●●●○○●○○●●○○○○●

or like this:
Code:
 ███ ███ ██  █ █  █      ██  █   ██ █  █ ██  █    █      ██ █  █ ███ █
As a repeating pattern of stripes around the box, perhaps?

Last edited:
Hate to spoil the really nice idea, which I really like.But to my knowledge, the molds are done(99% at least), which means any engraving would be actually an addition to the mold material (kind of mirrored in 3D).
Only Idea I could actually think of would be to mil something into an area, which would allow raised parts of the case (like besides the LCD). But even that might be a quite expensive modification to the mold, since it would mean to make the sparc erroding counterpart to build anew.
I think personally laser engrave something in your local hackerspace might be the more fitting option here. I like Binkys design, though.

Hate to spoil the really nice idea, which I really like.But to my knowledge, the molds are done(99% at least), which means any engraving would be actually an addition to the mold material (kind of mirrored in 3D).
Only Idea I could actually think of would be to mil something into an area, which would allow raised parts of the case (like besides the LCD). But even that might be a quite expensive modification to the mold, since it would mean to make the sparc erroding counterpart to build anew.
The front right area on the lower part looks like it has some free space.

Small site-story to the rings: We attended a medieval event last weekend. And I normally put the example/test rings (copper/silver) as examples in sight, too.
There was a woman who liked the design so i explained her how it came to exists.
She replied that she very much liked the design, but wouldn't want to wear the same design another guy and his wife have.
Would I have kept my mouth shut, I could have sold one (Me, idiot). Next time I only explain teh design, but not that ED and his wife have a pair of them...

She replied that she very much liked the design, but wouldn't want to wear the same design another guy and his wife have.
Would I have kept my mouth shut, I could have sold one (Me, idiot). Next time I only explain teh design, but not that ED and his wife have a pair of them...
Some people want "exclusivity"... a merchant would just make more of that same design if they sold well.. so even exclusivity does not mean that in the future more would exist.. like weird names people give their children, and then are copied.

So yeah... just talk about that it's the first of its kind (being a prototype... it is factual)... what I find strange is if the really LIKED the design, she would have requested one (modified) to make for her, right? (besides the obvious having to change the diameter to fit a fatter finger....)
[doublepost=1493230918,1493230779][/doublepost]Ah, mclien... an important question: E.D. is not spending his days petting the ring and saying "my precious".... instead of working on the Pyra... right? (just worried)

I am not all that concerned about items being "one of a kind" but most of my jewelry is for reasons like me wanting minor changes for symbolic reasons (eventually became major to accommodate those changes since they gave the rest of it shape), our because I am the only one stupid enough to like some designs.

Ah, mclien... an important question: E.D. is not spending his days petting the ring and saying "my precious".... instead of working on the Pyra... right? (just worried)
Let's say: Don't be too much surprised, if some Pyra design decisions might happen to be MY favorites ;-)

Let's say: Don't be too much surprised, if some Pyra design decisions might happen to be MY favorites ;-)
Ah, so the wifi walkie-talkie and self detonation module is included? And the Pyra logo detaches and becomes a deadly shuriken!

Exactly and of course used by the owner, so no traces to me...

To the rings itself: I still pondering on how to make something of that. What I can offer to those who are able to attend an event where I'm doing workshops, it should be possible to make a copper/silver version of the ring.

Back