Pandora [PyGame][NumPy] Porting PyWright to the Pandora

Gfrohman

Still Fresh
Hey Everyone,

I've been working on porting PyWright (a Phoenix Wright Engine 'emulator' of sorts) over to the Pandora, and have had zero luck. I'm new to Python, but very familiar with C, Debian, etc. I just haven't had any luck.

Link to the Download Page

From the Page:

Requirements:

To run the game, you will need many python dependencies.

• python 2.4/2.5/2.6 (will not work with python 3.0, I used to develop mainly with 2.5, but recently I have switched to python 2.6)
  • Pygame – 1.9+
  • NumPy

I have all the dependencies installed on a graphics-less Debian 'Code Cruncher' as I like to call it, but I can't seem to figure out how to make a .pnd out of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GFroh

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Just tested and...it run very well !! What a surprise :D

I have only tested some examples....not a full game.

For me the best resolution is 512x384 fullscreen who can run @ 25 FPS .

Last edited by a moderator:
Farox: Thanks! Anything special needed to run, and should I have anything installed via pnd before attempting?

Tested it myself: worked fine! Just python PyWright.py and it ran fine.

I think I get how to make the .pnd but the game needs some type of persistence. Obviously I didn't write it, so I don't exactly know how to ensure that it has that type of directory to use. Anyone have any hint there?

Pnds always have their appdatafolder, that is always mounted at /mnt/utmp/appname

This can be written to, but note, that existing files can't be modified.

Also while running a PND, the appdata directory works as the user's home directory, so usually you can just write to current directory and it goes there.

Back