PXML specs for Super Zaxxon ?

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
How this field should look like now ?

<osversion major="Zaxxon" minor="SZb4" release="1" build="1"/>

As far as I know there is no code using this field.

I'm using :

osversion major="1" minor="0" release="0" build="1"

but it might make sense to :

osversion major="1" minor="5" release="4" build="1"

I'm planning to add code to support for :

osversion major="2" minor="0" release="0" build="1"

in yars (so pnd_run.sh will be able to do something special to support PND for zaxxon)

Last edited by a moderator:
you see this field the wrong way.

This field mean that the PND need zaxxon to run. So once yars is out, it will need to provide a running environnement similar to what zaxxon provide so the PND can run.

Same thing goes for SL4P : it need to provide a running environnement close enough of zaxxon to run PND stating osversion major="1" and you'll need to provide a yars-like running environnement once it's out for yars' PNDs.

I'm not expecting PND for other OS than the default Pandora OS. Creating a PND for SL4P dont make any sense imho (and I hope that will stay this, else fragmentation: here we come)

Oh the last question wasn't related to this particular field, it was about pxml in general.

It's more about saying "if this pnd runs on zaxxon, then execute this, if it runs on sl4p, do that".

So far this part of the spec was proposed ages ago but is basically unused! So yeah, you can basically write anything in there, yet it will not have an effect yet. Once this stuff is really handled, the version format may just consist of numbers. Things like 1.1.1.1 would be a valid version number, though I don't know what the real thing is ATM. Just look at the examples that sebt3 gave and keep in mind that it has no effect anyway. You can have a look at /etc/op_version or some file similar to this one to get an idea what OS is currently used. Anything else won't work (yet).

I didn't know about /etc/op-version . Cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is for snes9x4p I added some things to the script to check for the version to see if the internal libSDL should be used or the one from the OS. Have a look at this tiny startup script to see the crude hack: snes.sh

Back