Put DOWN the gp32..

looks like an unfoldable laptop to me... Does it have anything a subnotebook don't?

by the way, first post for me, hello people :)

looks like a yuppie toy - not a gaming device - i'll stick to my GP & GBA thanks

gary

2. How much will it cost?

In the early stages of production and market development the price will make the eightythree attractive primarily to those with a pressing demand for this class of device. Longer term, improved manufacturing efficiency and other benefits of volume production should permit a price at or slightly below that of notebooks with equivalent functionality. While small size increases some manufacturing costs, it decreases others, with the net benefit being an overall decrease.

Read: expensive.

Flack

That has been vapor for over a year. I would be shocked if it ever actually became available in it's current form.

My guess is that it will cost ten times as much as the GP32

apart from all of the above.... its UGLY!!

looks like a gadget from the original startrek :blink: :lol:

Gotta admit, crazy specs though....

300Mhz, 256 SDRAM, 5-20 Gig Harddrive, 640x480 display (!!!), etc.. etc...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

User Interface
• 56-key QWERTY keyboard
• Touch screen
• Thumb-operated joystick with left and right mouse buttons
• Two user-definable action keys

That's from the webpage - Thumb-operated joystick seems like it would be okay for games.

Its a decent unit, but it's intended as a mini-PC for those that need it, not a gaming machine. If it ever gets going I'm sure someone will write some games and possibly emulators for it, but it isn't really in the same category as the GP32.

oh look, it's running windows.....

Do I need anymore buggy programs?!

am i the only one to think-how they gonna get a harddrive into that???
laptop harddrives are bigger than the handheld???

People please I wasnt seriously concidering getting one of these, its expensive ugly and (looking at the pics) hard do work with. BUT it gives us an idea of what a GP64 will be capable of... To be honest we could have a gp32 x1000 times more powerful right NOW but noones willing to fork out the cash for it.. shame..

Well let's see. the specs are impressive.........buuuuuut the whole device is clunky and ugly and uncomfortable looking (i'd rather have a GP-i)

All right guys, if you don't like em don't post!

Or can't you afford one, naa let me guess you must have a GameBoy! (LOL)

:)

just kidding

Yeah. but looks at Apple's I-pod MP3 player. They weigh in at 20GBs MAX and they are so small! (Pricy too!)
Agree with most of the comments though that price and comfort (i.e. for games) are the biggers issues.

l8sk8r

Back