Public Wifi Networks and the Pandora

stuart

Hi there

My local pub, along with many other places have a wifi network which you connect to, then when you launch the browser, a login page comes up. t

These kind of networks dont seem to work on the pandora..... any idea?

If it brings up a login page then that means it absolutely is working. If it weren't you wouldn't be getting the login page.

I encounter these open wifi's in my own travels as well. They are completely open but you still need to enter a password before you can use them. This happens regardless of whether I'm using my phone, Pandora, or laptop. If you want to use that connection you're going to need to find out the password.

Hi there

My local pub, along with many other places have a wifi network which you connect to, then when you launch the browser, a login page comes up. t

These kind of networks dont seem to work on the pandora..... any idea?
I use my Pandora now and then with public wifi networks and don't have the problem - nothing pops up automatically though, but after I enter any address in an (manually) openend browser I get automatically redirected to a login site. Do you have tested this with several networks or only one ?

If it brings up a login page then that means it absolutely is working. If it weren't you wouldn't be getting the login page.

I encounter these open wifi's in my own travels as well. They are completely open but you still need to enter a password before you can use them. This happens regardless of whether I'm using my phone, Pandora, or laptop. If you want to use that connection you're going to need to find out the password.
If I have read his original post correctly he does not see any page that grants him access to the network at all.

i meant to say, it brings up the login page on my iphone and laptop... but not the pandora. i know the login details but it seems the pandora doesnt want to play. 

i connect to the correct network... says its connected then i launch firefox. usually on my other devices, a screen would pop up in the browser prompting for the login details... on the pandora this doesnt happen.

tried it at two local pubs and a "the cloud" hotspot. i have a login for all.

Strange,

I can remember, unti i bought my first Smarthphone, i used to surfing the internetz via my Pandora on the Telekom Hotspot in McDonalds, and its workd for me:

I came on the login site of telekom, then i frote my Handy Number and got then the Code via SMS..

But this seems like diverent in every Country. .

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

Hrm... What do you mean "doesn't happen"? Surely something must happen. Is it getting a timeout or something?

I know it does work, I use my Pandora on a lot of these networks. Tried midori or Chromium?

If it's like the public spots I've used, you'll need to launch a web browser then go to any page (google, or these boards - anything) and it'll hijack that connection and give you the login screen instead.

Back