1 GHz Pandora Wifi troubles: neither internal nor USB Wifi connecting??

• Thread starter PounDora the Explor
  • Start date

P

PounDora the Explor

I used to be able to connect to my home network using my Pandora's internal Wifi. After I hadn't used my Pandora for a few months, it no longer worked. I had reflashed to the latest Firmware (SuperZaxxon R1.55) and now everytime I try to enable Wifi this happens:

•  System > Toggle Wifi
  •  red LED above the D-pad lights up
  •  message appears: WLAN is being enabled...
  •  message appears: Wireless Networks Available - Click on this icon to connect ...
I used to be able to click on the above mentioned message and get a window listing the available wireless networks and connect to my home network. Now when I click on it nothing happens. There's no feedback.

When I use System Info it only tells me that Wifi is searching for a connection while Wifi is enabled, both with power saving on and off. I checked the forums and the Wiki and found out about the Wifi power saving issue and the command "sudo iwconfig wlan..." but I am not sure if this applies to my situation since I can't get any connection?)

However, shouldn't I at least be able to see the list of available networks and be able to attempt to connect to them? Otherwise this would mean there's a more serious fault in either hardware or software?

I also bought a USB Wifi stick from DragonBox Shop but was not able to create a connection.

https://www.dragonbox.de/index.php?id_product=35&controller=product&id_lang=1

So my questions are as follows:

1. Is there any way to diagnose/troubleshoot whether the internal Wifi is defective in hardware or requires additional software configuration to show the list of available Wifi networks?

2. Are any additional steps required to get USB Wifi working with my Pandora other than enabling USB host and plugging it in?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated since I would get much more use out of my Pandora if I were able to use Wifi.

Back