Psygnosis is closed

The "real" Psygnosis was long dead, they just pronounced the hour of death officially.

At least it's gone on great games like Wipeout and Colony Wars (forget the bad ones NOW :angry: ).

They made games in their own studios, although those were not the best ones Psygnosis produced :p

(some wipeout, many of the early games they produced under Psyclapse name and later ones like microcosm, stryx or barbarian)

Agony was a fucking beautiful side-scroller shoot'em up on Amiga! :wub:

Can't wait to play some of their Amiga games on my Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about the shelf space and eco-friendly cases. 12-inch vinyl had much more interesting covers than cd booklets. There was a time when software boxes bigger was better. Then those greenpeace hippies stuck their noses in and made the world a bland place to live.

The picture I have included contains the backside of European version of Uncharted 3. Great game, but the box is absolutely horrendous. Text, text, logos all over the place, some more text, irrelevant screenshot over there (with text over it!) and I can't even make up what is on that other screenshot. Also included is a black and white manual (gotta love those), with six pages of pure text of which everything can be figured out in the first 15 minutes of the game. Ow, and let's include a network pass so the game is very difficult to sell second hand. Whoever designed this, needs to get a serious cockslap.
I quite agree. That's a terrible cover and one that would put me off the game - mainly because they haven't bothered with seperate covers for each language and the whole load of legalese.

Mmm. Lawyers & hippies. That's a whole other rant

Last edited by a moderator:
Back