Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

This is so sad... I just feel like the two big emulators have not been getting love

i.e. psx4pandora & mupen64

HackModford said:
This is so sad... I just feel like the two big emulators have not been getting love

i.e. psx4pandora & mupen64

In my opinion that's a little unfair on Mupen (I'm sure it wasn't meant personally), as Ari64 has made regular updates to the dynarec. The problem with the Playstation emulators is that we don't have the source, so if the developer doesn't have the time or inclination to make updates for the Pandora, nobody else can. That's what sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
In my opinion that's a little unfair on Mupen (I'm sure it wasn't meant personally), as Ari64 has made regular updates to the dynarec. The problem with the Playstation emulators is that we don't have the source, so if the developer doesn't have the time or inclination to make updates for the Pandora, nobody else can. That's what sucks.

Zod is good about providing source to those who request it.

PSX4m, has a pretty darn up to date version.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/psx4m/

Bryce Leo said:
If that were true pcsx4all wouldn't exist....

Bryce Leo said:
I'm not seeing any zod commit on this link...

Bryce Leo said:

http://maemo.org/packages/source/view/fremantle_extras-devel_free_source/psx4m/0.4.3-1/

Is that actually using the dynarec that it appears to be using? That code looks very familiar... :)

Some people have 5 kids to feed and aren't even married...lets hope that when the dev's are feeling like the time is right, that they will return to bless the Pandora community with an update of their emulators and that in return, we may bless them with tributes they deem worthy of their adoration.

Threats of 'The Law' from on high though, from a small crowd below, are as likely little influence to one atop an olympus of this field, as the proudest tree being withered, its apples falling rotten by the wayside, or its olives being bulldozed and its heritage lost. No forked tongues are needed here and there are few to judge who's thunderbolts carry the fusionific 1.21 gigawatts that can send us all back, to the nostalgic enough to satisfy our future current (self-serving)bone idolising selves.

I have payed for the emulator... (for the iphone) ;)

Though I must give Zodttd credit... it is the best pandora emulator as of right now!

sebt3 said:
Bryce Leo said:
If that were true pcsx4all wouldn't exist....
I thought PCSX4all was done by Franxis and chui because they wanted something more compatible and quicker release cycles and it was for the wiz and that contest thing too.

sebt3 said:
Bryce Leo said:
I'm not seeing any zod commit on this link...
They sure didn't magic up that source themselves. It's part of the new code and dynarec thats used in psx4android which is notably different and more compatible (i.e. flying highwind in FFVII) than current psx4pandora. I don't know why anyone else hasn't requested code from zod (or just used the psx4m base) and done a re-compile. I know I haven't done it because I'm swamped with real world work and fixing up my house.

Ari64 said:
http://maemo.org/packages/source/view/fremantle_extras-devel_free_source/psx4m/0.4.3-1/
Is that actually using the dynarec that it appears to be using? That code looks very familiar... :)
Lol Ari from what I understand it should look VERY familiar to you :)

psx4m clearly uses code from zodttd, but I'm not sure how old it is. Many of the files are dated July 2010 though.

The dynarec that it uses appears to be the one that hlide and zodttd did. There is an older version of the dynarec that I wrote in there, but it doesn't appear to actually use it.

Right, your dynarec code is just there because I recommended he try to modify it for PS1 and incorporate it. But I didn't really put that much thought into the full implications of that workload.

Would it be worth one of us simply emailing Zodttd to ask for an up-to-date source package for psx4all and psx4pandora? Just for posterity? I mean I won't be able to do anything with it, but if he replies, then at least it's available for anyone who's curious. Seemed to work for the Maemo guys. Or can we just use the Maemo source, if it's more up to date than psx4pandora?

Dead1nside said:
Would it be worth one of us simply emailing Zodttd to ask for an up-to-date source package for psx4all and psx4pandora? Just for posterity? I mean I won't be able to do anything with it, but if he replies, then at least it's available for anyone who's curious. Seemed to work for the Maemo guys. Or can we just use the Maemo source, if it's more up to date than psx4pandora?
I cant see how this will be differant then all the requests he got on his own website :blink:

Ho and read that : http://www.zodttd.com/wp/2010/04/open-up-openttd-to-apple-devices/ (and the first comment....)

1) Someone go ask Franxis; he's a good guy.
- maybe someone known and respected; not that I am, but I don't have an account at gp32spain .. I can open one up of course, not hard; sebt3, go bug him :) I should think Franxis and chui have good reason for theiar actions.. be it free time problems, or not yet finished problems (and we cvut them some slack, since they're heroes), and not just some anti-pandora slant (ie: they'd have released source for other platforms then, but I think that didn't happen either, right?) I don't follow this situation too close, but some movement is to be expected :) Be respectful! I Don't answer email when people are dinks either :)

2) Someone ask zodttd
- I'm sending him some PM's in IRC right now; he's a good guy, but he does get confused by his conflicts of interest sometimes I think :) Getting rich oh iphone by beeing a little loose with the rules is his game unfortunately for us, fortunately for him :)

jeff

Didn't Exophase already ask Franxis for the source code and was met with a resounding "we'll get around to it when we feel like it" kinda response? I may be wildly misremembering that. In fact, I'm almost positive I'm misremembering at least some of that.

skeezix said:
1) Someone go ask Franxis; he's a good guy.

I asked him twice. So far - silence.
You may try yourself. His e-mail is franxism@gmail.com
Maybe if more people started asking him, he would finally stop violating GPL.

Exophase said:
Right, your dynarec code is just there because I recommended he try to modify it for PS1 and incorporate it. But I didn't really put that much thought into the full implications of that workload.
It's doable, but it would need cop2 support and a psx memory map, at least. It doesn't look like he made much progress on that.

Actually, he´s WORKING ABROAD (northern Sweden)

It seems there is a new beta behind the scenes but Chui needs more testing feedback in order to make progress... (IIRC, they wanted to release a more polished version before open-sourcing it)

It wouldn´t hurt to contact him ;)

Khan said:
Actually, he´s WORKING ABROAD (northern Sweden)

It seems there is a new beta behind the scenes but Chui needs more testing feedback in order to make progress... (IIRC, they wanted to release a more polished version before open-sourcing it)

It wouldn´t hurt to contact him ;)
That's the best feedback I could have expected.
Apologies and thanks for correcting me :)

Back