Psx4gp2x W.i.p.

hando

Chief Editor
Website
www.gp32x.com
Some good news from Zottd:

[...]
I got a the first 3 instructions of the BIOS to recompile!
So the recompiler's structure is now working!
Only thing left to do is fix some bugs in (hopefully) a few of the instructions and the recompiler will be able to be used...

So what might of been once a month or more of work, might only be a weeks worth to get a dynamic recompiler. Will be sure to keep everyone updated on it's progress.
[...]

Read full post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSyMastR posted on Jul 3 2006 at 10:48 PM said:
YES YES YES!

I'm constantly in awe when reading about such achievements.

And I'm starting to be a... bit jealous?

Yeah - I'm starting to be sure to kick my lazy *ss to do more myself. And I'm have some ancient books about...
(good I didn't sell them - I can have sometimes a good sense)

Radek posted on Jul 3 2006 at 04:25 PM said:
YES YES YES!

Yeah - I'm starting to be sure to kick my lazy *ss to do more myself. And I'm have some ancient books about...

Speaking of your work....what is the price of your dpad kit? :huh:

OMars posted on Jul 3 2006 at 11:38 PM said:
Radek posted on Jul 3 2006 at 04:25 PM said:
YES YES YES!

Speaking of your work....what is the price of your dpad kit? :huh:

30-35$ for the whole kit.
(it was discussed in known thread too)
This project is finished design wise. The rest (actual shipping) is on its way. Asks about it (anything you want) in its thread please. I was here refering to my other projects - the software ones. My "lazy ass" is about Arm assembler coding not this mod. :rolleyes:
(an andvanced 2D lib, LCD subscaling routiness, dynamic gating of stick events, even more ideas as there lots of them in my mind)
You can find about them (and some results) by searching forums.

And yes - I'm typically working in bursts. Lots of achieviements in very short time then a pause and again. Now I'm feeling I will have a surge.

gaterooze posted on Jul 4 2006 at 12:18 AM said:
Your demo was super-impressive, Radek, I look forward to your future work.ram

You want me only to finish my 2D lib and lets others to use it.
I'm not that good at doing whole projects - I'm good at doing single tasks but at very high efficiency.

And my lib is (and demo was too) a pure software - no hardware tricks were used at all.

The Squidge latest MMU hack has possible ramifaction what will results in a killing a blitter. I was thinking about using CP15 long time ago but because of my natural traits (some very negative) and my ongoing dpad project I couldn't get it done. At least I done my first hardware hack and learned to program an another architecture (Microchip 8bit µC) and as sideeffects (spreading the bets) the CPLD with Verilog (still learning).

If there is an pinnacle of a cpu architecture design the Arm is as close to it as I know. And I have some knowledge about Z80, x86, 6502, 68K, Mips, Itanium (called "Merced" at some time - Intel is very good at failed extremes like the iAPX 432 - too ambitious for its time but such concept will return in few years)

So.... I like to talk as I have things to have to talk about but I like to work too. I'm so pity I could only learn about the Arm so late.
I'd prefer strongly to have Arm2 in the Atari ST instead of M68K. But still I'm in a love (?) with this machine. I still have one - the STFM - no more than 2mips but what results?! Just a CPU without hardware helpers like in the Amiga. And we have 400mips in GP2x to utilise for an comparison.
(plus some very potent hardware)

It's my deviation because of it... :)

Do you played the Turricans in Outcast in GP2x? They are good games but Lethal'Xcess is far more than impressive (Outcast will not play it). Anyway multiply by 100 times what can be done on GP2x using just its a single CPU.

Sorry for a rant but I had just a need for it. I will be working as much I can.

EDIT: Thanks if you liked my demo... it was really my "last effort" then. My first try in the Arm assembler coding. I still have those tens of papers with descriptions of the algos used - it's funny but it all started using a pencil and some papers. And I will be doing in a future like that - first think then code. :)
(the dpad mod has the same origins - in a paper drawing of a logic circuit what could do the logic conversion)

Back