PSP2

'Sony's rather proud of the fact it's offering the world's first dual analog stick combo on a portable device'

Errr...

'Sony's rather proud of the fact it's offering the world's first dual analog stick combo on a portable device'

Errr...

"dual analog sticks (not nubs as on the current generation)".

So this claim seems to be right, sorry to disapoint you, craig

Errr...

"dual analog sticks (not nubs as on the current generation)".

So this claim seems to be right, sorry to disapoint you, craig

Still, it's a bit of a technicality, there does not seem to be anything revolutionary about it.

I'd probably stick to my iPhone4 (or 5 by then) over this new PSP2.

I just feel the days of the PSP stand alone device are over, I had feared it would be a mini-computer like the Pandora. It isn't. I'm very very releaved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, it's a bit of a technicality, there does not seem to be anything revolutionary about it.

I'd probably stick to my iPhone4 (or 5 by then) over this new PSP2.

I just feel the days of the PSP stand alone device are over, I had feared it would be a mini-computer like the Pandora. It isn't. I'm very very releaved.

I agree with you on this Craig. I can see that the 3DS still has some appeal, although I'm not too interested in everything they are adding to it now. I'm considering buying me one of the Tegra 2 based Android phones coming out soon. The PSP phone looks interesting (an Android phone with game controls) but it should be released now or it's going to drown among the other smartphones. The Pandora, despite its dated hardware, still offers something unique. I'm also considering getting a tablet this year.

After a closer look it does have a touchpad on the back, a lot more power and everything you see in smartphones today. I can see this would have an appeal to the hard core portable gamers. I'm not one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Device is a Monster!!! Positiv and Negativ, : The Device itself its very very very big, but the specs are awesome,

I want (the english word for: like both but whit 3) : Pandora, 3DS and PSP2.. B)

I don't think this will threaten the Pandora at all. You'll have to actually get at that lovely Quad-core through Sony's aggressive anti-hack firmware first. I don't think it will be hacked very quickly; the PS3 was basically only opened up because of a very foolish oversight on Sony's part - they'll not make that mistake twice.

So it doesn't really matter what the specs are - only those people who pay Sony for the privilege (and write the kind of software that Sony want them to) will be allowed to develop for it.

D.

Looks like a nice console, packs a tonne of power and heaps of features, but at what cost to the battery life/price?

Looks like a nice console, packs a tonne of power and heaps of features, but at what cost to the battery life/price?

Agreed.

Anyway, I'd much rather have something like this (a dedicated games machine) than an Ipod Touch/Ipad/Tablet/Android thingy.

Wow. I personally thought the PSP was something special. I still miss mine. I cannot see how this could be in any way bad. WTG Sony!!! I will not afford one maybe tax time 2012. But even then it's a stretch. But I'd play the buttons off that thing. It's no Pandora for sure. But, it's not supposed to be. I like where they are taking the PSP. I think the combination of power and things like the cameras,tilt sensing/accelerometer, and dual touch inputs will be just as creative as the Wii was for motion gaming. 3D is nice and all (3DS) but this could really have some special inventive games no other console could match just because of it's input combination's alone.

I hope this will make Nintendo bring back the Gameboy line for the next generation. They said the DS was NOT a Gameboy replacement, but a different product line. I think if they produced a next gen Gameboy sans the dual screen it would be a great thing, but now Sony has the big jump ahead.

I'm salivating at the emulation possibilities if it is jailbroken. Full speed n64 for sure. Full speed dreamcast on at least some games wouldn't be out of the question.

First: Get my Pandora (in about 2 Weeks)

Second: Get my Nintendo 3DS (25.march)

Third: Make a plan to get the Mony for a Sony NGP whitout 3G), meybe a bankroberie akording to the cost of the device.. :lol:

I payed Pandora and 3DS whit mey owne Hands Work, so i have to search for a work to pay the NGP.. B)

I'm salivating at the emulation possibilities if it is jailbroken. Full speed n64 for sure. Full speed dreamcast on at least some games wouldn't be out of the question.

I'm pretty sure they will have the same piracy prevention in it as the PS3 - only without the rand flaw.

The big eye opener for me was the Quad Core A9 chip in it, GPS, accelerometer, tilt, digital compass, back is a touch pad, etc..

Guys - I know that the current console is perfect and all - but give some thoughts to a 2012 Pandora End of the World Edition?

Why is the codename NeoGeoPocket? :D
Hahaha, I caught that.

Also, this is why I'm not buying:

Games will come on "new media," not UMD anymore, but we're unclear on what sort of flash memory is being used.

Well the REAL reason I'm not buying is because Sony pissed me off, oh, 5 times too many, but also because of that. Seriously, provide a way (besides buying a PSP) to transfer PSP games to the new system. Then I'll think about thinking about it.

There are two really appealing/scary features. The 1080p 5inch OLED screen, and the Playstation Suite integration with Android. Games and content make or break the device. With that screen, it's an ideal media player and with that Android integration, people will have their iPhone-type games to go along with console polished ones. Android and iPhone devices are way overpriced already, this is an easy alternative given the expected pricing.

Irrelevant to me personally since I've outgrown the whole portable gaming thing, but we really need to get something like Corona SDK in on the Pandora if we want to see a major flood of games and stuff on the Pandora.

Back