PSP2 finally a valid pic?

what i was mentioning was referring to was not only the pic, but the fact that this French team supposedly already has their hands on testing it.

"In an interview with Industry Gamers, Netherrealm Studios’ Executive Producer Shaun Himmerick let it slip that his development house actually has a PSP2 in there, and that they’re currently “looking at the engine.” The device was named specifically, and considering we have no reason to believe he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, it looks like the device is real, and it is coming (eventually)."

as for doing with the pandora, nothing really.

I had meant for this to be posted in the Offtopic General talk.

I thought Pandora was the PSP2...

Am I the only one confused? It's not that easy to distinguish the two... Oh wait! PSP2 isn't out yet! Now I remember...

PSP2 was due to have two analogue sticks right? Too bad Pandora got there first...

Seriously now... You really think PSP2 is gonna be released any time soon? I'll give it two years... It must be able to do really Hardcore stuff with top notch graphics and at a nice price, otherwise it won't be able to compete with the 3DS...

That said I can't wait to get my hands on the 3DS... Imagine playing CoD in 3D!!! I wonder how knifing people will look like...

Last edited by a moderator:
these are fake pictures of the psp go much before the release of that, has nothing to do with psp2

@ DaMummy wow... your powers of perception are amazing, even after other people have posted saying that its a fake. Even after I had already mentioned that the main thing I was talking about was that a French team supposedly has it their hands right now. (I guess anything to get your post count up huh?)

The point of that link was... drumroll... that supposedly a French team already has it and are developing for it.

I'm wasn't saying "look at these pics and prove they are fake." Look I didn't realize even mentioning a different hand held thats not pandora gets most new members' panties in a bunch. Back in good ol days of the GP32 and those forums, you could bring up lots of different things and not get flamed for it. You guys are acting like what I brought up was such taboo.

I mean cmon, we all have our Pandora pre-orders right? That should be more than enough to show we have support for it.

it was just something to discuss... geez

(somebody please close this thread already to stop the bitching)

I won't touch the PSP2 unless it has a compiler onboard, like the Pandora. Anything less is just more corporate control.

@ DaMummy wow... your powers of perception are amazing, even after other people have posted saying that its a fake. Even after I had already mentioned that the main thing I was talking about was that a French team supposedly has it their hands right now. (I guess anything to get your post count up huh?)

The point of that link was... drumroll... that supposedly a French team already has it and are developing for it.

I'm wasn't saying "look at these pics and prove they are fake." Look I didn't realize even mentioning a different hand held thats not pandora gets most new members' panties in a bunch. Back in good ol days of the GP32 and those forums, you could bring up lots of different things and not get flamed for it. You guys are acting like what I brought up was such taboo.

I mean cmon, we all have our Pandora pre-orders right? That should be more than enough to show we have support for it.

it was just something to discuss... geez

(somebody please close this thread already to stop the bitching)

To be fair the title of the thread is "PSP2 finally a valid pic?" and everyone's just replying "no, I don't think so". I don't think anyone was really bitching.

I would quite like to hear news of the PSP2, so if you do come across anything else please share :)

yeah, nobodys flaming here, were just trying to prevent fake rumors from spreading. just cause someones correcting your mistakes on an internet forum doesnt make it a flame war. and as said above, if any news, especially photos, of a psp2 come about, please dont be afraid to share, even thought im sure the news would spread around at the speed of light like anything about 3ds or even the ps3 "modchip"

Supposedly, (Engadget had an article the other day) the Mortal Kombat team has a PSP2 and they said it was powerful, but AFAICT, no concrete specs or details have been leaked yet. Those pesky NDA's.

Sony seem to be in development hell with the PSP2 - there was supposed to be hardware doing the rounds in 2007!

Obviously they have seen some serious shifts in the handheld market and keep trying to get one step ahead again - I bet the DS 3D really fucked up their current plans.

They were probably waiting for nintendo's next step before finishing their plans, I wouldn't be surprised if the psp2 has a "unique" 3D feature

They were probably waiting for nintendo's next step before finishing their plans, I wouldn't be surprised if the psp2 has a "unique" 3D feature
Do you mean "unique" as in those hastily thrown in PS3 accelerometer features that were never properly implemented, but had to be there because Nintendo had it?

Or the completely revolutionary new ice-cream cone motion controllers for the ps3. Where do they get their wacky ideas?

maybe theyll implement some weird new feature where everyone has like an avatar or something

Back