Psp Front Covers

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Where can I buy the actual front cover of the psp? Not the protectors, the actual front cover. I scratched up my screen really bad :(

Goity posted on Aug 19 2005 at 06:38 PM said:
Where can I buy the actual front cover of the psp? Not the protectors, the actual front cover. I scratched up my screen really bad :(

ouch, what happened?

I'd Email sony.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno, I forgot to put it in it's case while I ate a kfc on the way to devon, got it out of my console bag a few mins later and the screen was scratchified :(. i reckon it was a plug.

Fishbong posted on Aug 19 2005 at 09:16 PM said:
Those protectors aren´t completely useless, you know. You should have bought one BEFORE needing a completely new cover...
I couldn't. I got my psp a day before I went away, plus I'd been away until the day got my psp.

dont worry goity, my 4 month old retriever had mine off the arm of the chair, thankfully it was in the foamy slip thing but he chewed up all the bit where you put the hand strap, and the wi-fi/memorystick switch is really hard to switch. it looks a total mess but it still works.

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 20 2005 at 07:08 PM said:
dont worry goity, my 4 month old retriever had mine off the arm of the chair, thankfully it was in the foamy slip thing but he chewed up all the bit where you put the hand strap, and the wi-fi/memorystick switch is really hard to switch. it looks a total mess but it still works.
so that's what that switch is...

ah i see,well what does that switch do? i was using the tenchi web browser thats all in japanese and when the switch was in one posistion it said something in japanese and lan, but when i switched it it worked, does it just turn the wi-fi on and off?

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 20 2005 at 07:40 PM said:
ah i see,well what does that switch do? i was using the tenchi web browser thats all in japanese and when the switch was in one posistion it said something in japanese and lan, but when i switched it it worked, does it just turn the wi-fi on and off?

Yeah its the Wifi switch, just switches it on and off.

There is one thing you could do Goity but its risky. It worked on my gamegear screen a while back.

Go to your local car accessories shop - halfords or something and enquire about certain paint restores/T-cut which when rubbed onto plastic glass remove enough layers to get rid of the scratches without damaging the actual screen, with a bit of a polish afterwards it should perfect.

I can't remember what it is you use which is why you should enquire but once you have it put tiny amounts onto a soft cloth and move slowly in circular motions, you should feel the grit of the plastic wearing down slightly (not enough to be seen by eye) and after a while the scratch should be then level with the rest of the plastic and then fine.

There are a few risks of this 1. It may cause more damage 2. there maybe an anti reflective coating on the plastic already which would become useless if you use it, but i don't think there is to be honest.

It's a pity I can't remember what the stuff is (I have a funny feeling it's autoglym paint restorer) but my dad recommended it and I have fixed a gamegear and several mobilephones with it.

Twimfy posted on Aug 20 2005 at 09:05 PM said:
CUPC4KES posted on Aug 20 2005 at 07:40 PM said:

Yeah its the Wifi switch, just switches it on and off.

There is one thing you could do Goity but its risky. It worked on my gamegear screen a while back.

Go to your local car accessories shop - halfords or something and enquire about certain paint restores/T-cut which when rubbed onto plastic glass remove enough layers to get rid of the scratches without damaging the actual screen, with a bit of a polish afterwards it should perfect.

I can't remember what it is you use which is why you should enquire but once you have it put tiny amounts onto a soft cloth and move slowly in circular motions, you should feel the grit of the plastic wearing down slightly (not enough to be seen by eye) and after a while the scratch should be then level with the rest of the plastic and then fine.

There are a few risks of this 1. It may cause more damage 2. there maybe an anti reflective coating on the plastic already which would become useless if you use it, but i don't think there is to be honest.

It's a pity I can't remember what the stuff is (I have a funny feeling it's autoglym paint restorer) but my dad recommended it and I have fixed a gamegear and several mobilephones with it.
Thanks, I have T-cut at home and some other people recoomended it, though might it warp the screen?

Brasso would work too, I've heard of people using it on scratched CDs. Brasso is a brass polish.

Titcher posted on Aug 21 2005 at 06:21 PM said:
Brasso would work too, I've heard of people using it on scratched CDs. Brasso is a brass polish.

I Know brasso is recommended for Ipods, but have never tried it meself.

Back