Ps3 Confirms Homebrew

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 27 2006 at 07:08 PM said:
fluffyhamster posted on Sep 27 2006 at 06:47 PM said:
fluffyhamster posted on Sep 27 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
So it is a computer....
Just buy a computer folks.
you already established your point, but you're like 10 yrs old methinks so what you say doesnt really matter :)

Well, i thought i'd put it out there once more about the whole computer thing, seeing as how the PS3 costs as much as the computer that can play the same games the PS3 plays. I'm not gonna deny the 10 year old remark :p

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 27 2006 at 08:08 PM said:
fluffyhamster posted on Sep 27 2006 at 06:47 PM said:
fluffyhamster posted on Sep 27 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
So it is a computer....
Just buy a computer folks.
you already established your point, but you're like 10 yrs old methinks so what you say doesnt really matter :)

Call out the bunnies, kitties, hamsters, and various other friendly woodland creatures and... ATTACK!

Who cares if it resembles a computer? Why do every generation of consoles have to follow the same design? I think it's good and if I actually wanted to spend that much on a console then PS3 has one up on me now. You do realise gp2x runs linux right?

oh noes gp2x is a computer it sucks!!!!!
:)

Honestly, ps3 running homebrew is very nice news, just imagine the possibilitys.

sand_man posted on Sep 28 2006 at 01:45 AM said:
Who cares if it resembles a computer? Why do every generation of consoles have to follow the same design? I think it's good and if I actually wanted to spend that much on a console then PS3 has one up on me now. You do realise gp2x runs linux right?

the gp2x is a handheld.

fluffyhamster posted on Sep 28 2006 at 04:09 PM said:
sand_man posted on Sep 28 2006 at 01:45 AM said:

the gp2x is a handheld.
You're obviously missing the point ;)

Richo posted on Sep 28 2006 at 03:34 PM said:
Just after microsoft release their XNA stuff to produce your own games for the XBOX 360, I wonder if nintendo will support homebrew too?

// Edit

sorry forgot to add some links

http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/xna/faq/
http://blogs.msdn.com/xna/
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/de...pID=20&SiteID=1

Richo

they've got an SD card expansion slot and an Opera web browser, so if Nintendo doesn't support it, someone else will!

I guess i di miss your point :huh:

I guess turning the PS3 into a full computer will divert attention from its high price, and maybe even justify purchasing it. If Sony would have a professionally designed and incorporated keyboard+mouse, I can't see why a computer-for-your-living-room type of device wouldn't take off.

- Alex

The Playstation was originally successful because it attracted non-geeks, a 'computer in your front-room' would complete a full circle.

ste_167 posted on Sep 29 2006 at 10:16 AM said:
The Playstation was originally successful because it attracted non-geeks, a 'computer in your front-room' would complete a full circle.

I still think the Atari Jaguar should have caught on.

Darn those Tramiels and their lame taste in games!

Back