GP32 [proposal] Gp2x Development Wiki

no_skill posted on Oct 11 2005 at 04:27 PM said:
my fault, sorry.

so what are we gonna do? two competing gp2x dev source !better than one ultimate source.

oops! you replied while i was editing my post :lol:

Theres no competition, you got there first. To the victor the spoils and all that. My site will not offer any competition to yours and ill even link to yours if you like.

I'm just glad someone did it, even if not me. We deffo need something like this as there will be a lot of beginners learning to program the GP2X

Last edited by a moderator:
Empyre posted on Oct 11 2005 at 04:34 PM said:
Theres no competition, you got there first. To the victor the spoils and all that. My site will not offer any competition to yours and ill even link to yours if you like.
link as in www.gp2xdev.co.uk => wiki.gp2x.org or posting a link on gp2xdev.co.uk?
oopps.... ok, saw your edited thread.
uhm... yeah setting the wiki link would be a good start. but if you really want to turn gp2xdev.co.uk more into your ramblings on gp2x dev, you could turn it into a blog and have the tutorial/download/faq things in the wiki and forum on gp32x.

I'm just glad someone did it, even if not me. We deffo need something like this as there will be a lot of beginners learning to program the GP2X

amen.

btw: the wiki needs a logo.
and support from gp32x
and gp2x.de
and the-other-sites-(tm)

btw2:
gp2x.jpg
(as in: kick nintendo / sony's ass)

no_skill posted on Oct 11 2005 at 04:40 PM said:
uhm... yeah setting the wiki link would be a good start. but if you really want to turn gp2xdev.co.uk more into your ramblings on gp2x dev, you could turn it into a blog and have the tutorial/download/faq things in the wiki and forum on gp32x.

You're absolutly right, the last thing we want to do is let people have a choice. My website has gone, to be reborn as something far lamer in the future :)

assuming this was sarcasm.

i'm not against choices, but cluttered information.

and a wiki can be edited by anyone, thus giving more choice than anything else.

So basicaly you are woried that one site will get development that the other site does not?

If so then as long as you try to keep all the development opensource (or atleast most) then
it should be fine...

gp32spain is joining (at least it seems so)

necesitamos todo lo relacionado con el desarrollo para la gp2x en un solo sitio!

... para ayudar a empezar el desarrollo en la gp2x
... para obtener mas desarrolladores
... para ayudarles a empezar
... sin que nos molesten

...para alcanzar la meta final: **hACkEAr 1337mEnTe montones de juegos.**

;)

roflmao :)

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Portada
http://gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=23276

Joy for multi-language wiki nightmare.

Remember to use namespaces for the English and Spanish version. :D

You wouldn't want the Spanish version calling the English version pages by mistake.(i.e. Spanish page calling the English SDL page)

If we can make it work, it is going to be awesome. :D

btw, I :wub: wiki

how can this be done? for now the spanish translation points to links like ES.FAQ, but a clean solution would be better of course.

Adding namespaces would make it easier to search only in the en or es pages. Since you can click what namespaces you want to search on.

i'm taking spanish classes (currently at level 3), but i've never heard this word before:
el desarrollo
What is it?

EDIT: nevermind, i think i figured it out.

EDIT 2: don't know if anyone cares, but this is basically what the spanish quote above says:

We need everything related with the development for the gp2x in one place!
- To help people to start developing for the gp2x
- To get more developers
- To help them to begin
- Without that they bother us

- to reach the final goal: **To make a lot of elite games** (literal is something like "to hack elitely mountains of games" :p )

BTW, anything else you guys would like me to translate? (good practice for my class)

The wiki is currently halfway the second page of a google search for gp2x. How about we do that thing where everyone puts a link on their webpage to it, to boost the page higher in the google search results?

(By the way I think for this to work its important that the link text is gp2x so if you are going to do this add this to a page somewhere:

<a href="http://wiki.gp2x.org">gp2x</a>

I'm going to create a blog on gp2x wiki & my development stuff, I'll add lots'o'links to the wiki for sure ;)

Overall I hope people still improve the wiki and point newbies to it when they need help.

I'm going to improve the -getting-started-with-development- section as I get along.

Back