Proposal for Saxxon 1.56

rohezal

Advanced Member
Next to the dsp stuff I would love to see pndstore to be replaced by pndmanager by default. So everyone who gets a Pandora has the pnd manager right at hand.

That was discussed a lot of times already. The newer qt build that would need to be bundled with it would be really big and not practical to include.

Edit: That would need to wait until .next is out where a newer qt is used anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you mean "Zaxxon" :p

As mcobit says, this is unlikely to happen until Yars'

Next to the dsp stuff I would love to see pndstore to be replaced by pndmanager by default. So everyone who gets a Pandora has the pnd manager right at hand.
PND-Managers does not work for me for a long time now and deleting the directories and loading a newer version and then the next has not changed anything.

It seems to have a problem with certain pnds and there are too much on my cards to fiddle around just to see which one PND-Manager does not like.

So: No.

Your must have some badley formed pnds
Ironically: The one/s that caused the problem must  have been loaded by PND-Manager itself, because I did everything with it for a while until it stopped working.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use ever PND Downloads from PC and PNDStore.

The only little Thing i wish for PNDStore is a Little Download Speed and Status bar.

Is that Possible?

I dont need much grafical pimped PND Downloaders.

It was long Time wished from many Users for PNDStore :)

This is what i wish for next Version.

Hmm maybe that you can choose what you make with the Pandora Button.

Like Slackware,there can i use the Pandora Button to open a Terminal ;)

Hmm maybe that you can choose what you make with the Pandora Button.

Like Slackware,there can i use the Pandora Button to open a Terminal ;)
You can already. Just remove/comment out the line in /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap that says "pandora /user/pandora/script/op_menu.sh 2" by putting a hash (#) in front of it. You need root to make this change (ie, sudo mousepad /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap"

Then in your Settings -> Keyboard, you can set up your global keys.

I have:

Pandora : Menu

Ctrl+Pandora : Load Deadbeef / Play / Pause

Alt+Pandora : Toggle WiFi

It's probably best to keep the firmware small and focused on providing the libraries and core tools. It would be a good idea though to make a list of "must-have" applications and have a little script in the startup wizard that proposes to install those (and maybe you want to put that script somewhere in the menu too, so you can use it later on if you don't want to do it immediately). The script could use zenity to give you a checklist of "must-have" PNDs, with some default preset selection. It could include PNDManager, but also things like System Info, GParted, a browser, LibreOffice, some popular emulators, etc. The script would first ask you to set up a wifi connection, check that there's an SD card inserted with enough free space, and then set up the right directory structure and download the selected PNDs.

Does anyone feel like making such a script?

Back