Promoting The Pandora

Hyperpc

Website
Visit site
I am trying hard to promote the pandora in the Offical eu ps3 forums because i think it would be good to increase our user base for it. Is anyone else recommending it to friends or promoting it?

I suggest to wait until the first devices ship. Extending the hype should be much easier then(and you won't earn nasty comments) ;)

I'm telling people about it...but tbh not too too much... only smart people... because tbh the less stupid people we have around here the better it will be.

I made the mistake of blabbing about it to everyone I know at work. Now I have to endure the constant question of, "Where is your Pandora? I thought you were supposed to have it by now." It hurts every time :'(

sinoth said:
I made the mistake of blabbing about it to everyone I know at work. Now I have to endure the constant question of, "Where is your Pandora? I thought you were supposed to have it by now." It hurts every time :'(
Ahahahaha yea that's the same with my friends at school. I told my computer savvy buddies and they all say the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've mentioned it to the few friends I have who would be interested, and they've expressed a lot of interest. Though in all consciousness, I really have a hard time promoting a device that's in development hell... XD

The big point in propaganda is finding uniques features. First of all, if the guys working on the tech demo will be able to create something astonishing, we are half way to the success. :p
Plus, if you want to really impress someone: get someone with a PSP (or better, an IPhone) low on battery, and let him tether his device to our USB port to recharge the battery. ;)
I think that stuff like that is very impressive, because you can see how much different this device is, compared to everything you can find elsewhere on the market.

PS: we should make a video on something like that ;)

Hyperpc said:
I am trying hard to promote the pandora in the Offical eu ps3 forums because i think it would be good to increase our user base for it. Is anyone else recommending it to friends or promoting it?
"increase our user base"? I don't see how it's possible since the limited number of units

I've done a bit in the past, but on the whole, people are too skeptical. They're not used to systems that aren't massed produced, with glossy ads and AAA games.

Even some people who are Linux savvy / gadget minded are skeptical, because there is such a glut of gadgetry on the wires these days. Another quirky Asian console - whatever! Runs Linux - whatever! Every fkn thing does! (Their words, not mine).

Of course, some people stop and read the specs, and understand what they're seeing. And they appreciate Pandora's lineage. But I think most of those people are already well aware of it, and don't need further convincing.

When the product lands, the masses can be shown what it's all about. And I'll be right up there on the front line showing them. :)

Spectator said:
"increase our user base"? I don't see how it's possible since the limited number of units
The first batch is just that - the first batch. How big it will get is anyone's guess, but we're all a part of helping the scene grow.

I fear that I will get strange looks from some people when I show off my Pandora. One cannot deny the fact that the concept of open software involves the fact that nothing is licenced and paid for. People will grasp the idea very quickly that your new handheld can play no official games but only pirated ones and has e.g. only so many audio and video codecs because none of them is licenced. Yes you can argue that the owners to the rights of the codecs do not mind because it is a free software and that you play only games you already own with emulators. And yes there is a lot of free software that is 100% legal. And the handheld is really a UMPC and it is the responsiblity of the individual user just like on the PC. I am not saying that most people would be totally against it. There is just an unwritten law that you do not talk about it more than necessary if you do something that is within a legal grey zone. I fear it will make me look a little dodgy / or simply naive if I own the number one emu handheld and shout it from the rooftops. <_<

I made a lot of my friends excited I couple of them are going to be second batchers. And I even made some complete strangers excited for the pandora in the train. (the train seems a place where the pandora is very usefull)

I was actually told about it by another friend, who is unfortunately too poor to buy one without saving for over a year(he is underage and cannot get an official job)

Kloplop321 said:
I was actually told about it by another friend, who is unfortunately too poor to buy one without saving for over a year(he is underage and cannot get an official job)
Since he showed you the light I suggest you buy him a reorder panda and give it to him as a surprise. He'll love you for it and never forget the generosity, So when your a pensioner he'll come visit you often and you wont be lonely.. you will be playing doom 3 multi-player with him :p

Ryuu said:
Kloplop321 said:
Since he showed you the light I suggest you buy him a reorder panda and give it to him as a surprise. He'll love you for it and never forget the generosity, So when your a pensioner he'll come visit you often and you wont be lonely.. you will be playing doom 3 multi-player with him :p

do it

gibberish said:
Ryuu said:
Kloplop321 said:

do it

I don't even have a real job :unsure:
I would like to, but this is a huge hole for my pocket.(no other presents from any other relative all the money went to this(in June for my B-Day))
Also He is over an hour away now that I moved :(

I'm trying to promote it at my work... to prove the great value and mobile work enviroment. The company I work at is very open source minded, got a great network in the open community.

Back