Project.....possibly?

bricked!

Still Fresh
Someone definately needs to make a port of Counterstrike 1.0, ive done some research and i think that if you port it correctly, it could run at least 3/4 speed with sound for gp2x

xxx please send thoughts and ideas xxx

er... lol?
Are you talking about counter strike, the closed source mod for the closed source halflife?
If so, no way.

Moved to "Cool ideas and wishes" this is surely the wrong forum.

err... counterstrike 1.0 is no longer closed source :blink:

Uhhh, you care to provide a link?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps you've mistaken the badly named "Counter-Strike: Source" for an open source version of CS. Counter-Strike: Source is what CS for the Half-Life 2 engine is called (the HL2 engine is called the Source engine).

Last edited by a moderator:
I never played much counter strike, but from what I did, I gathered that its only highpoint is multiplayer gaming...

- Alex

err... counterstrike 1.0 is no longer closed source :blink:

Uhhh, you care to provide a link?

The only thing I can think of is perhaps you've mistaken the badly named "Counter-Strike: Source" for an open source version of CS. Counter-Strike: Source is what CS for the Half-Life 2 engine is called (the HL2 engine is called the Source engine).
Even if the source code for CS is available, it doesn't really help since it's a Half-Life mod and we would still need the Half-Life source. Which we don't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anhaedra posted on Feb 1 2007 at 06:36 AM said:
well... you guys were right :/ i bricked my 2x 3 times getting cs to run >:p

What the hell... Were you doing? :blink:

Maybe he renamed the Counterstrike files to gp2xkernel.img and gp2xboot.img and pressed SELECT and START while booting...?

Last edited:
Back