Project Natal

Jourdy288

What do you guys think?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

Vaporware? I hope not!!

Well I Think it could be both depending on how the games are developed for it. It's going to be hard and theres going to be a lot of failure. People loved the wii but the thing is, it has so many kiddie games but you can't really make a all time best game with just body movements. I mean try making mortal kombat on that. Isn't going to work, your going to be stuck with mediocre games like the one they demo'd

My issue with it is, microsoft isn't and has never been innovators, they just push things to a new level. They got into the console market with video games and pushed hardware, and personally, I find it to be when the downfall of games that required a bit of thought (rainbow six, splinter cell, ghost recon, deus ex, baldur's gate, FEAR 2 etc)

Innovation has been nintendo's thing since the NES (power glove, the running pad thing, the robot...that did fuck all, light gun) zelda was the first game to save games on the cartridge, I believe the gameboy was the first real handheld that wasn't that stupid 5 pixel sprite LCD shit.

Snes brought the superscope that....didn't go very well. They had some mario paint thing where you used an snes mouse to draw whatever, the introduced internet to the system with that Satellaview crap.

then I don't think they really didn't anything innovative till the Wii

Everyone else really just pushed gfx and hardware, sony (nintendo was actually partnered with sony to create the playstation but some disagreement broke out)microsoft, sega all just pushed hardware.

so all in all, no one has hit anywhere close to what nintendo has brought to us.

Definitely not vapourware.

It looks like a really impressive piece of tech. But looking at all the promo videos that came out of E3, I like the look of Sony's system more. Like the Wii, they actually give you something to hold, which looks way more immersive. The Natal videos show people punching the air, driving with an air steering wheel... I think I'd feel like a right cock doing that.

I own a 360 though, so I guess I'll be sticking with old fashioned controllers for now.

Gruso said:
I own a 360 though, so I guess I'll be sticking with old fashioned controllers for now.

It is sad that people will actually start identifying an xbox controller as old fashioned, being something other than a toy guitar or whatever the hell a project natal is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Figures, since I'm trying to get better with programming, etc., I downloaded their XNA Game Studio. I though it would allow me to at least create my own games and allow me to play them on my 360. I thought wrong. To play my own games, I need some special membership available to those who pay!
Honestly, pay to play? OK. Pay to play what I made? Bad idea. Just because of that, I won't buy a premium XNA Membership. They need to buy it for me :p

The trailer looks a lot more impressive than the demonstartion at E3 which leads me to believe the people in the video are actually acting in sync with what you see on screen. Not saying the technology isn't capable of doing that, as I really wouldn't know, I just think they aren't quite there yet. If they can make it work and create some good games for it I'm buying my first MS console...

raven said:
The trailer looks a lot more impressive than the demonstartion at E3 which leads me to believe the people in the video are actually acting in sync with what you see on screen. Not saying the technology isn't capable of doing that, as I really wouldn't know, I just think they aren't quite there yet. If they can make it work and create some good games for it I'm buying my first MS console...
Mine was won in a sweepstakes by my dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back