Processor

aapje89 posted on Feb 19 2006 at 11:00 PM said:
Aninhumer posted on Feb 19 2006 at 11:44 PM said:
If it's a joke, it's a very consistent joke.
Seriously we shouldn't be making jokes at the expense of anyone...
...except perhaps DaveC :)
thats what i mean, but with goity you never know it.
and i dont see the relation between the donwsyndrome and the comment... (in a serious way, i mean).
er... it was sam not me, and his sister does have downs syndrome, I can confirm it.

Last edited by a moderator:
aapje89 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:00 AM said:
Aninhumer posted on Feb 19 2006 at 11:44 PM said:
If it's a joke, it's a very consistent joke.
Seriously we shouldn't be making jokes at the expense of anyone...
...except perhaps DaveC :)
thats what i mean, but with goity you never know it.
and i dont see the relation between the donwsyndrome and the comment... (in a serious way, i mean).
Congratulations are in order sir! You have decended so low into stupidty that you can no longer remember what you are thinking!

Argh I hate conversations that dwindle into pickyness like this. Sure, saying your gp2x is "the downy one" isn't the nicest thing to say, but it's no worse than saying something's retarted, or calling someone slow or dumb or stupid or an idiot.

My cousin has some developmental disabilities because of birth defects, and she's only 5, yet I don't go around looking for a confrontation nor sympathy if someone calls something retarted or 'downy'. I treat her just like a normal kid, not like someone with a disease who needs to be felt sorry for.

It's not like subin was calling sam's sister retarted, he just said something a bit immature. It's no reason for intimidation or apologies. Also, sam, maybe aapje does have something wrong with him that impairs his judgement or intelligence. Maybe he has ADD or ADHD or downs or any of a number of things wrong with him. If you're so sensitive about mental disabilities, why risk making fun of his disability?

Just quit it guys. We all know that making fun of people with disabilities is wrong, but that none of that really happened in this thread. Let's get on with it and all be stupid together :)

Aimless_E posted on Feb 19 2006 at 08:19 PM said:
subin posted on Feb 19 2006 at 12:20 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Feb 19 2006 at 05:18 PM said:
In which case you need to run it with a script:

Code:
./cpu_speed 0 0 MHZ

when i run a program with a script like that, the menu screen flickers a lot, and it doesnt stop flickering, even if i start a different program or whatever.

Mine does the same thing once I exit the program I think it has something to do with the LCD timing. To fix it just go into the configuration menu and use the LCD Adjustment program to stop the flickering.

Try
Code:
./cpu_speed 1 0 MHZ
... this shouldn't flicker

iignotus posted on Feb 20 2006 at 02:52 AM said:
Argh I hate conversations that dwindle into pickyness like this. Sure, saying your gp2x is "the downy one" isn't the nicest thing to say, but it's no worse than saying something's retarted, or calling someone slow or dumb or stupid or an idiot.

My cousin has some developmental disabilities because of birth defects, and she's only 5, yet I don't go around looking for a confrontation nor sympathy if someone calls something retarted or 'downy'. I treat her just like a normal kid, not like someone with a disease who needs to be felt sorry for.

It's not like subin was calling sam's sister retarted, he just said something a bit immature. It's no reason for intimidation or apologies. Also, sam, maybe aapje does have something wrong with him that impairs his judgement or intelligence. Maybe he has ADD or ADHD or downs or any of a number of things wrong with him. If you're so sensitive about mental disabilities, why risk making fun of his disability?

Just quit it guys. We all know that making fun of people with disabilities is wrong, but that none of that really happened in this thread. Let's get on with it and all be stupid together :)
Because ignorance is bliss :unsure:

sam fisher posted on Feb 20 2006 at 10:45 AM said:
Nothing is funny about it you idiot. He called his GP2x the 'downy' one. Which I took offense too. I could call a lot of people on this board derigatory names because of their intelligence but I try not to.

Don't call me an idiot. What I was saying is that there is nothing funny about it.

*sigh* I give up... I just want to see people get along on here... ya'all have to work together if you want the gp2x to become the #1 firmware console... don't fight each other. well, I personally have worked around my ADD since I was in kindergarden and I've pretty much control it now without medication. I understand the bit of irritation... let's all apologize and be done with it. I want to see you guys keep pushing your consoles... if you keep doing it, I will get one pretty soon ;-)

sam fisher posted on Feb 20 2006 at 01:15 AM said:
Nothing is funny about it you idiot. He called his GP2x the 'downy' one. Which I took offense too. I could call a lot of people on this board derigatory names because of their intelligence but I try not to.
ow, i didnt see that, because he had edited his post...

and sorry goity, I meant sam :p

Back