Problems With Picodrive Sega Cd Emu

Snatcher works fine for me...

Maybe be a little more specific of what happens when you try loading the games.

cool - i wasnt too sure whether it was worth the effort as i heard its not rlly a game, more of an interactive cyber-punk anime movie, but then i love cyber-punk anime *shrug* im just ranting now

EDIT: loading time are abit poor for snatcher should i overclock or wont it make much difference?

I OC to 240, and it runs fine. Odd thing is, any speed over that makes the games run stuttery ...

norm said:
hmm.... oh well, cant win them all

EDIT: has anyone tried night trap?
Yep. It works great too. The 'game' is horrid though ... :p

You may have to tweak some settings under the cd options in the emu .. I forget what they're called ATM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get Snatcher to worl. It just stops at the Trademark screen, the green virtual MegaCD LED blinking. I've tried various different setting, is there a particular setup for Snatcher? It's an .iso with .mp3 I'm using. SonicCD and Heart of the Alien work......

Bluepixie said:
I can't get Snatcher to worl. It just stops at the Trademark screen, the green virtual MegaCD LED blinking. I've tried various different setting, is there a particular setup for Snatcher? It's an .iso with .mp3 I'm using. SonicCD and Heart of the Alien work......
Make sure "PCM audio" is "on" in Sega CD options. You can delete picoconfig.bin in PD directory to reset config to default (Snatcher should run fine with default config).

i have another issue all the games iv tried have worked but exceptionally slow loading times and alot of lag - is this due to my sd card? its only a cheapy

norm said:
i have another issue all the games iv tried have worked but exceptionally slow loading times and alot of lag - is this due to my sd card? its only a cheapy
Yeah, somebody said using faster cards helps. Also don't zip your ISOs, zipped ISOs are supported, but cause extremely long loading times.

i see - mine are zipped and iv got a cheap/slow sd not a good combonation, il unzip nd see if that helps

EDIT: unzipped and now all seems to work pritty well - just a little jump every so often

installed Pico 1.32
tryin to run Snatchers.

Bios screen boots up
Sega/Sonic page comes and goes.
Konami Credits page...then it just hangs
(I can still exit to the emulator and choose something else (ie: it's not crashed..just hangs on the Konami screen)

The only other game I've tried is Lunar2 .. and it runs like a charm

any takers on an explaantion?

Like already said, delete picoconfig.bin in PicoDrive directory and run it without changing any options. If it still doesn't run, you probably have a bad ISO.

notaz said:
Like already said, delete picoconfig.bin in PicoDrive directory and run it without changing any options. If it still doesn't run, you probably have a bad ISO.

Notaz, Changed your link to point to the correct post you were refering to :) , Not that it make`s much of a difference, As it was only two posts above that one. :rolleyes:

Trooper

I've tried deleting the config..doesn't work. Here's what I've found.

I have copy of Snatcher bundeled with Pico 114 .. it work perfertly
I took a fresh download of Pico 132 and put it on the same SD card. I copied the BIOS files from the 114 Pico and added them to the 132 folder

I choose Snatcher on 114, it's fine
I choose the same Snatcher ISO with Pico 132, it hangs on Konami credits.

the only thing I can see different is that in Pico 132, I cannot see the MP3 files in the file browser...which would make sense that the game can't progress past the opening screen if it doesn't see the first sound file.

This same Pico 132 plays Lunar2 perfectly..i see the iso and the MP3 files.
Is 132 a little fussier?

ketchupgun said:
the only thing I can see different is that in Pico 132, I cannot see the MP3 files in the file browser...which would make sense that the game can't progress past the opening screen if it doesn't see the first sound file.

This same Pico 132 plays Lunar2 perfectly..i see the iso and the MP3 files.
Is 132 a little fussier?
Well 132 intentionally hides mp3s in browser, as you never need to load them this way, this can't be the cause. Don't know what your problem is, maybe you copied code940.bin from 114 along with BIOS files? That file is part of the emu (not BIOS) and must be from the same archive as PicoDrive.gpe.

notz, I tried what you suggested, but it did nothing. I also tried copying over a fresh version of 1.32 but with the same results.

However, what ketchupgun did i.e. using 1.14 with the default settings, Snatcher worked perfectly. Now that seeing as in both cases the BIOS and the ISO are exactly the same, it suggests that there is a problem with 1.32 and Snatcher.

Weird no? :S

Back