Problems With Picodrive 1.56 And Wolfteam Cd Games

geise69

I have recently been having issues with all the Wolfteam games. They were always working fine. Honestly I haven't played them much since I got my Wiz. However they were working perfectly fine on the GP2X. I know they need the better sync enabled to run. I have tried different rips of my CD games. I tried .cso/mp3's .iso/mp3's and bin/cue. All produce the same results. Most won't load after the Sega bios intro, and will just hang there. Once in a blue moon they will load, but will freeze after hitting start to exit the intro. I have even tried re-formatting the SDHC card. All the Wolfteam games that I have tried are:

Aisle Lord: could get past the logo but froze after the intro. skip logo and can get to the title screen and start a game, but then a black screen
Annet Futatabi aka Annet Again: will feeze after hitting start at the bios screen
Devastator: sometimes loads, but freezes at the logo intro
Earnest Evans: will sometimes load, if you try to skip the intro cut scene it will freeze.
Fhey Area: freezes at title screen
Sol-Feace US version: sometimes will get past bios screen, if game loads will freeze at intro.

bios files are: jp_mcd1_9111 and us_scd1_9210

All games have been tested with default settings and only turning on better sync and scale/rotation.

I am also running Win2x. Not sure if this might be a cause. However I have even tried exiting to the regular menu and booting Picodrive from there as well, producing the same results. If anyone has gotten these games to load and actually "play" them please let me know. It could be my SDHC card having issues or something. Not sure what else it could be. All of this worked fine on my GP2X. I remember the first Picodrive that was ported to the Wiz had these issues, but I swear when 1.56 came out they were fixed. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

The latest version has some timing problems with some CD games, nothing wrong with your setup. Try resetting the game each time it hangs (not reloading), and after gets past make a savestate for next time you want to play it. I'll try to fix this in future, but not in next version as I'm focusing on 32X now.

Back