Problems With A Bank Transfer..

loz_the_guru

i cant think of a good custom member title. Sugges
Website
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone might know a bit mroe about this...

basically some dude payed for one of my auctions via Bank transfer, as i get fed up with paypal raping me with fees. Anyhoo, its not showed up in my bank. Im with NatWest, theyre with barclays. Every time ive used this method before its been instantaneous, anyone got any reasons for the delay?

Or are they just fucking with me?

loz_the_guru posted on Aug 15 2006 at 09:11 PM said:
Just wondering if anyone might know a bit mroe about this...

basically some dude payed for one of my auctions via Bank transfer, as i get fed up with paypal raping me with fees. Anyhoo, its not showed up in my bank. Im with NatWest, theyre with barclays. Every time ive used this method before its been instantaneous, anyone got any reasons for the delay?

Or are they just fucking with me?
Depends. How long's it been?

It takes 3 full days for my monthly pay to go from one bank to another, and that's within the same country. I'd leave at least a week before I started screaming at people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only had it instant when the money was going from one account to another in the same bank. As soon as another bank is involved, it's taken anything from 3 - 5 banking days (eg. don't count weekends, etc)

Money from Paypal into a bank account normally takes about 10 days to arrive, but Paypal can debit your account in 24 hours... Go figure...

If someone takes you bank details and walks into a branch of your bank and pays cash or cheque(usually), the money will go into your account straightaway. If they send a BACS transfer via their Bank's internet banking service, the payment will take 3 working days to arrive from the day it is sent.

If you've been waiting longer than 3 days, a couple of things could have happened:

1) The payee hasn't sent payment.

2) The payee got some details wrong, and your bank will be trying to find an account to match it to - if they can't be certain they have the right account, it'll bounce back to the payee.

Actually I have heard some bank transfers taking up to 9 days before now. It annoys me as where is the money during that time? I will tell you where, stuck in a bank account making money on the interest that's where.

Hi, I'm BaDToaD's girlfriend.

I'm a legal cashier and send money from one bank account to another all the time.

If they have sent it by BACs transfer that will hit your account 3 days later.

If they sent it by CHAPS and before 3pm it will hit your account the same day.

If they sent it by internet banking it can take up to (I think) 7 days - 10 days.

If they sent it internationally it all depends on the service you use, either 7 days or 14 days.

Back