Problem With Uae4All

BAFelton

Website
www.open-consoles.com
Hi, I have a little problem with UAE4ALL.

Anygame I have with two or more disks crash when I try to change it.

I used this :

If you game has more than one disc when it's asks for the next disc hit the select button, click the Left shoulder button and scroll down to the next disc and press the A button to select it. It'll take you back to the main menu, now scroll down to "RUN (Start)" and hit the A button. It should load the next automatically I think if not click A or change to mouse by clicking the Start button, then click the left shoulder button.

But when I scroll down to RUN and hit A, I go back to the pandora menu.

Some games don't use DF1: DF2: ect... I want to play Beast I but I can't...

Thanx.

BAFelton said:
Hi, I have a little problem with UAE4ALL.

Anygame I have with two or more disks crash when I try to change it.

I used this :

If you game has more than one disc when it's asks for the next disc hit the select button, click the Left shoulder button and scroll down to the next disc and press the A button to select it. It'll take you back to the main menu, now scroll down to "RUN (Start)" and hit the A button. It should load the next automatically I think if not click A or change to mouse by clicking the Start button, then click the left shoulder button.

But when I scroll down to RUN and hit A, I go back to the pandora menu.

Some games don't use DF1: DF2: ect... I want to play Beast I but I can't...

Thanx.
yes it was crashing like this for me too the last time i tried it.My pandoras in for repair so cant try it.The different disk drives are mapped to the pandoras face buttons i think the a button is df0(first drive)etc you might be inserting the disk in the wrong drive.Also beast 1 didnt work for me,distorted graphics.beast 3 works though.i think you have to press the button for disk two to select the disk two rom in the menu. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do this

Launch emu

Press L shoulder button and highlight disk 1 and press A then press L again, highlight disk 2 and press Y then press L again and highlight 3rd disk and press B, then press L again and select 4th disk and press X.

Now start game by pressing start.

Most games should auto find disk 2,3 and 4

IF they don't when game asks for second disk go into menu and press L highlight second disk and press a then exit menu by pressing select button again and double press L shoulder button, this will cause drive to look for second disk.

PS I have swapped disks on multiple games and never had a crash.

Thanx a lot, I tried this and it didn't work either.

So I turned to my roms, and the problem came from it. I thought they worked because I use the same on my Wiz. Now it works nice.

Thanks for replies !

Ok, Shadow Of the Beast I works but when I begin to play I have a "software failure" error when the first monster is to appear.

I tried a few roms, but they all do this. Any help ?

Probably an issue with the game versions you have.
I used quite a few games where you need to exchange disks, and just going to the menu and putting a new disk into the drive then run emulation again (not reset) works fine.

Some versions of games use some cracking hacks that don't work properly, so try using a different version.

BAFelton said:
Thanx for the answer, I wasn't clear, sorry.

In fact I wanted to know if someone made Beast I work, and with which release ?
I couldnt get beast 1 to work properly with uae4all it came out all distorted and blurry and glitchy.Some more work needs to be done on making uae4all better.

Just tried my ADFs of SotB1. The game works perfect: 100% smooth scrolling at 50fps and clear sound.

Used FAME/C core and 320x205 hardware scaled resolution (best one for this game). Fullspeed at 500MHz.

Btw., once the game is loaded you can just create a savestate so you don't have to go through this 4x disk swapping process again.

The ADFs are cracked by PARANOIMIA ([PNA] in TOSEC).

Thanx a lot ! It works !

But I already tried this rom with UAE core and another resolution, this could be the reason of the software failure ?

UAE core maybe. A different resolution couldn't cause the failure. The displayed gfx would only be smaller (with 320x205 Beast uses the full height of the Pandora's screen while keeping the gfx's correct x:y-aspect ratio intact).

edit: just tried with UAE core. Seemed to work fine at first, but when I ran a bit to the left the game froze and the Amiga crashed. So just use FAME/C. It's the default core anyway. It's about as fast as Cyclone on Pandora but has the added convenience of savestates.
Only use Cyclone or UAE core if you get garbled/shaky gfx or a game won't load.

See this UAE4All Pandora compatibility list to find confirmed working ADFs. If not stated otherwise in the "Special Requirements"-tab the working games work fine with FAME/C core. If they only work correctly with a different core it's stated.
Of course you may add more games to the list or correct errors at any time in this thread: [b]http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55545-uae4all-pandora-compatibility-list[/b]

Ok, I will look for this closely !
Amiga was one of my first computers, I'm glad to see it emulated on Pandora (waiting for it on the Caanoo).

Back