Blu Buttons

centrlink

Website
Visit site
Got my BLU today and boy does the screen look great. Don't hesitate to get one if you are - you will not be disappointed.

Anyway, I have two other FLU's, one older one with the buttons starting to become unresponsive. I've noticed, and this may be wishful thinking, that the BLU's buttons certainly *feel* much firmer and of better quality than both my FLU's which seem a bit "loose".

Am I alone in thinking this? Maybe Craig could confirm if Gamepark have upgraded the button membranes.

I noticed that too. I just chalked it up to being a brand-new unit, since my FLU was well-worn from many hours of use :D

The blu is a new unit, when comparing it to your old gp the buttons will no doubt be perceived as being firmer. They probably are.

The blu´s screen is amazing, it is very clear and bright. Castaways blue menus almost brought tears to my eyes, that blue on the blu is just amazing! (now I sound like a nerd).

And my new blu also overclocks to 166Mhz without any problems whereas my older one reaches 156Mhz, it´s just that tad bit more that helps the genesis games to be just a wee bit smoother.

I did flash my blu with Aquafish´s multifirmware already, just like my other one. I find pacrom the easiest to use, don´t care too much about the original ´european firmware´. The PC link in pacrom works a lot better than the one that was on the blu´s european firmware.

I am thinking of getting two RF units for multiplayer gaming. I have quite a few original downloaded games which of course don´t work on the new unit, I forgot about the signed applications. Ah well I´ll have my old gp32 for the original games and the new one for freelauncer things.

Cheers, Mark

My second FLU is brand new (about 2 months old) and the BLU buttons definitely seem much firmer.

Again, that might just be wishful thinking :D

I agree about Castaway - it certainly looks fantastic on a BLU.

Back