Pretty Good Deal On 2gig Sd Cards

just grabbed $12 in quarters and shoved it in my mom's hand saying " want this" :)

I want this for my PDA though, it only has a 1Gig card in right now.

Already got a 32 GB SD card
(i work with digital microscopes, when taking 100 2 megapixel pictures in 4 seconds, its definitely needed!

I already have a 4gb and a 1 gb but, I'll probably get one of the new sdhc cards once I have the Pandora. I can wait though cause, I don't want to buy now and than they become cheaper later when I have the device. I want to get a 16gb or 32 gb if possible to have plenty of space for all the apps I might be trying.

Well I don't plan on swapping muchh, I'll use my 1 Gig for music, my 2 gig for more music and video, and my last for my textbooks and school related stuff.

anyway deal is over.

I'm also going to be waiting on the bigger cards to drop in price. I bought several SD cards for my cameras and eventually the GP2X a few years ago. It feels like such a waste now that they seem so small in capacity. :huh: But I will eventually pick up at least one 32GB card to replace my 30GB iPod, though I'll be waiting until they're well under $50.

silvercroc said:
i've been looking at 32GB SD cards, however what's the deal with this:

Please Note: Please check the device you are buying this card for is SDHC compatible. SDHC cards are not backwards compatible with standard SD Host devices, however standard SD cards are forward compatible with SDHC host devices

taken from

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...earchtype=genre

Pandora IS SDHC compatible so these 32gb cards will be fine, but they may not work in older SD enabled devices such as mp3 players and cameras, so check with the manufacturer of any other items you may want to use the SDHC card with.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 said:
silvercroc said:

Please Note: Please check the device you are buying this card for is SDHC compatible. SDHC cards are not backwards compatible with standard SD Host devices, however standard SD cards are forward compatible with SDHC host devices

taken from

Pandora IS SDHC compatible so these 32gb cards will be fine, but they may not work in older SD enabled devices such as mp3 players and cameras, so check with the manufacturer of any other items you may want to use the SDHC card with.

well it'd purely be for the Pandora, so from my Vista laptop to the Pandora, that should be fine yeah?

silvercroc said:
It means that an SDHC card will not work in older devices, or any current gen device that is not marked as SDHC compatible. For instance, my camera, my mp3 player, and my PCs inbuilt SD reader will not recognise SDHC cards.

The Pandora is SDHC compatible, so no worries there!

The reverse is not true, by the way. SDHC compatible devices (such as the Pandora) will read and understand standard SD cards.

It's a bit like in ye olde times when devices either came with double density or high density floppy drives. High density drives could read double density and high density disks, but Double Density drives could only read double density disks.

(edit, other people beat me to it!)

well it'd purely be for the Pandora, so from my Vista laptop to the Pandora, that should be fine yeah?

Yes Pandora will be able to read them and if you connect your Pandora to the PC via USB, it too will be able to access the card.

Kings said:
Consider that some companies want to get 64GB SDHC cards on the market before 09. I'm waiting until I get a Pandora before I buy some cards.
Although SDHC can theoretically reach 2TB, 32GB is the mandatory cap placed on by the SD card association. The only cards you will find that are greater than 32GB will be made by companies that do not adhere to SD standards.

silvercroc said:

taken from

That just means old devices can't use SDHCs.

-God Ginrai

Pleng said:
silvercroc said:
It means that an SDHC card will not work in older devices, or any current gen device that is not marked as SDHC compatible. For instance, my camera, my mp3 player, and my PCs inbuilt SD reader will not recognise SDHC cards.

The Pandora is SDHC compatible, so no worries there!

The reverse is not true, by the way. SDHC compatible devices (such as the Pandora) will read and understand standard SD cards.

It's a bit like in ye olde times when devices either came with double density or high density floppy drives. High density drives could read double density and high density disks, but Double Density drives could only read double density disks.

(edit, other people beat me to it!)

Yes Pandora will be able to read them and if you connect your Pandora to the PC via USB, it too will be able to access the card.

superb!

cheers!

I doubt people will buy SD cards with as little capacity as 2GB, when really they need upwards of 8GB, for all the psx games, the n64 roms, and not to mention the hundreds of apps that should be being ported to the console. I'm getting 2 16GB cards :)

Back