Preorder button does not work on Pyra main site

i work for a company where making changes to other people's code requires me to jump through a hoop...

Depends on what the backend is for site, but if it's just a matter of updating an index.html file... Here's an updated copy...

Attachments

• index.html.gz
    11.5 KB · Views: 280
Since in practice the effectual change you've made it to link to /en/pyra instead of /en/45-pyra on the dragonbox shop site, it's likely to me a matter of editing the link in whatever backend is being used.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking as well, I doubted that it would be as easy as a drop in index.html since I'm sure there's a CMS behind the landing page.

i work for a company where making changes to other people's code requires me to jump through a hoop...
That sounds like you've sold your soul into slavery. :( Such policies might be acceptable for things done on an employer's time or on an employer's premises or on an employer's computer equipment. But it is morally offensive for an employer to try to exert control of their employee's life outside of work. What a person does at home on their own time with their own computing resources is no one's business but their own.

@Pyramancer normally i would agree, but if i'm developing code that copies the behavior of things i do at work that would be pretty shady on my part. it's not impossible to do code outside of work, but i also don't have too much brain power for it, sadly...

@ible: I had to sign something too, with a clause. So I had to write down all projects that were mine and then they could not lay claim on them. BEFOREHAND. That is, all stuff I make can be swiped by them (even if I work on them on weekends). They even encourage using github... strangely enough.
They do encourage opensource, but only a certain type (from a list they compiled)

thankfully the stuff i do at work (almost exclusively consisting of gluing some server code to some FE client code, or vice versa) is almost completely unrelated to my hobby-code interests, so i don't feel like i can't work on code outside of work. ostensibly working on a website like this is related, but i'm not too worried about my contribution here -- though it would be easier if there was a git to contribute to that hosted the website.

Back