Prboom With Picklelauncher For Caanoo

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Get it here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,527

Prboom is a opensource enhanced doom engine.
Picklelauncher is closed source (for the moment) frontend for command line applications.

Azerty16 said:
Another time thanx a lot :D
great job pickle just tried all the wads and they all work flawlessly great interface and great icon set ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
jutley said:
Azerty16 said:
great job pickle just tried all the wads and they all work flawlessly great interface and great icon set ;)

thanks for them ;-)
is music staying on for you? On mine it seems to start and then stop.

Pickle said:
jutley said:
Azerty16 said:

thanks for them ;-)

And the src from Prboom is available ?

Geca said:
Pickle said:
jutley said:
Azerty16 said:

thanks for them ;-)

And the src from Prboom is available ?

I put it up at pickle.gp2x.de/source/prboom-2.5.0-caanoosrc.zip

Pickle said:
jutley said:
Azerty16 said:

thanks for them ;-)
I have not yet downloaded the tmidity zip and extracted to root yet i will test that and report my results.

I had problems changing weapons, it wasn't mapped by default, I didn't found the Weapon toggle in the setup, but after I changed the value in key_weapontoggle in prboom.cfg from 0x30 to 0x61 I was able to switch weapons with the A button.

CKeichel said:
I had problems changing weapons, it wasn't mapped by default, I didn't found the Weapon toggle in the setup, but after I changed the value in key_weapontoggle in prboom.cfg from 0x30 to 0x61 I was able to switch weapons with the A button.

yeah thats cause i used the wiz config file and it used the volume keys for that and of course we dont have them anymore

I uploaded a modified prboom.cfg to the file archive. The right shoulder button is used to switch weapons, the left shoulder button now works as the strafe modifier.

I put the doom1.wad file in the prdoom directory, when the i select the file in the launcher it doesn´t load and i get back to the caanoo menu.
What i´m doing wrong?

Keen said:
I put the doom1.wad file in the prdoom directory, when the i select the file in the launcher it doesn´t load and i get back to the caanoo menu.
What i´m doing wrong?

try a different button? still fails then
delete the config.txt and delete any entries from the profile.txt

ruffnutts said:
How do we run the total conversion mods on this?

ruffnutts ;)

this is how its setup up currently (I think i included the argswap in the zip for the folder ./wads)
you put all your pwads into a folder and then use the argswap option to move the pwad to be used with the --file extention and the iwad to be used with the --iwad extension. This gets applied to any wad detected in the assigned path.

argswap=./wads,1,doom2.wad,2,%filename%
final result should be:
./prboom --config prboom.cfg --iwad doom2.wad --file myconv.wad

Back