Prboom With Picklelauncher For Gp2X

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Get it here http://dl.openhandhe...0,0,0,0,20,1164

PrBoom of course is an enhanced doom engine.

PickleLauncher:
PickleLauncher is meant to a simple frontend for autodetecting and configuring
frontless applications that might have different input files, like emulators.

How it works
PickleLauncher looks for its configuration from the config.txt and profile.txt.
profile.txt specfies location, file types, arguments, and entries.
config.txt contains options for the application gui and input.

just tried but the launcher didn't find the file to run ...i can only see the dir "docs" on the SD and it say that is empty.

I have also tried to put the prboom files onto another dir (i called it "game" ) and the launcher find it, but return that the dir is empty.

I do have to change something on profile.txt ?

tested on Open2x dr7.

Farox said:
just tried but the launcher didn't find the file to run ...i can only see the dir "docs" on the SD and it say that is empty.

I have also tried to put the prboom files onto another dir (i called it "game" ) and the launcher find it, but return that the dir is empty.

I do have to change something on profile.txt ?

tested on Open2x dr7.

good to see someone was going to try this on the gp2x, i was wondering if anyone would ;-)
I did test this myself and the files are basically a copy from the setup i had during the test. I doubled checked the profile.txt and it seems fine.
Although your post just made aware of a bug, the checking for the extension is not case sensitive, it might be a long shot that this your actual problem. Check to make sure your wad names are lower case.

Last edited by a moderator:
A better try this time ... :)
All work ( i forgot to add some other .wad files .. was inganned by prboom.wad file ) .
I can confirm that the launcher work very good whatever are the case of the extension (tested with doom.wad and DOOM.WAD ).
Also when you quit a wad correctly return to the launcher ... :)

Also touchscreen work on launcher..

So great work.

Thank's a lot . B)

Farox said:
A better try this time ... :)
All work ( i forgot to add some other .wad files .. was inganned by prboom.wad file ) .
I can confirm that the launcher work very good whatever are the case of the extension (tested with doom.wad and DOOM.WAD ).
Also when you quit a wad correctly return to the launcher ... :)

Also touchscreen work on launcher..

So great work.

Thank's a lot . B)

great, hmm interesting about the case cause on my test it didnt work. Either way ive added code to fix it if a filename is read in as uppercase.

Love your work, but since PrBoom is older than zDoom could you look into updating it since Adventus may have lost interest? Strife still crashes and most of the mods I run are zDoom specific and have features that are unavailable in PrBoom. I can hack at code but not actually write it or I would try to myself. :(

Thanks
bman

bman said:
Love your work, but since PrBoom is older than zDoom could you look into updating it since Adventus may have lost interest? Strife still crashes and most of the mods I run are zDoom specific and have features that are unavailable in PrBoom. I can hack at code but not actually write it or I would try to myself. :(

Thanks
bman

I tried to mess with zdoom at one point and didnt get anywhere.

Back