Power Save Mode Problems F200

morgushong

Still Fresh
I have tried EnergySaver_v10, gp2xsleep, and just plain old sleep from the archives and none of them will actually turn my screen off. It just turns white-ish and the colors bleed off into vertical lines. When I push a button the screen goes back to normal so it seems to at least half ways work. It does the same thing from Gmenu and the default frontend. Gmu turns my screen off fine, so I'm not sure what's up with these. Anyone willing to trouble shoot my problem or update EnergySaver so that it actually turns the screen off? (there's source but it is in spanish) Thanks.

Gmenu is installed
FW: 4.0.0
F200

Those programs have been developed before the F200 has been released, the code for switching the backlight off has changed.

Until someone includes F200 support in these apps, you're out of luck, I'm afraid.

ok. Thanks for replying. I'm going to try to fix EnergySaver myself. Do you know of anything in archives that has a good example of switching the lcd off in the source?

morgushong said:
ok. Thanks for replying. I'm going to try to fix EnergySaver myself. Do you know of anything in archives that has a good example of switching the lcd off in the source?
This is what i do in Oldplay
CODE

#define GPIOLOUTF2 0x1076
#define GPIOHOUT 0x106E
void hw_set_screen(bool on)
{
if (f200)
{
if(on)
memregs16[GPIOLOUTF2 >> 1] |= 0x0800;
else
memregs16[GPIOLOUTF2 >> 1] &= ~0x0800;
}
else
{
if(on)
memregs16[GPIOHOUT >> 1] |= 4;
else
memregs16[GPIOHOUT >> 1] &= ~4;
}
}

Last edited by a moderator:
update: Thanks to Micket, I was able to make the very small change to EnergySaver's source and recompile and it WORKS!

EnergySaver will let you set what speed to downclock the cpu to while sleeping and I was wondering if anyone knows if the F200 will actually go to 20 Mhz (the lowest you can select from). I've tested this at 20, 33, and 50 and it doesn't lockup or anything, but I haven't bothered to see if the clock is actually getting successfully set.

I'm wondering what the best course of action for me to take is. Should I submit an EnergySaver for F200 only, or if Micket or someone would tell me how to detect the F200, I could just make it work for both.

Thanks

grahf said:
I think that if you can find out how to detect for f200, then it would be best to produce just one version.
Sorry, i missed that line.
CODE

struct stat stFileInfo;
bool f200 = stat("/dev/touchscreen/wm97xx",&stFileInfo) == 0;

Last edited by a moderator:
Back