Power, Memory and Schematics

So when this isn't that big deal whit doom 3, then I would like to buy a "1,2ghz Pandora CC Memorial Edition "
But when the new boards aren't that long awai, then I wait for my MP Unit

So, the question for @EvilDragon is, how many 1.2Ghz Pyra prototype units can/are/should/could/might be able to exist?

The problem is, the usual prototype preorder was 1500 €, and if I would take the 1,2 ghz unit, for my normal Preeorder Price of 740 €, then I would feel pretty guilty..
Also i cant help much whit development, expect of testing and feedback

The problem is, the usual prototype preorder was 1500 €, and if I would take the 1,2 ghz unit, for my normal Preeorder Price of 740 €, then I would feel pretty guilty..
Also i cant help much whit development, expect of testing and feedback
i also think the more they are out there, the more people will be able to show it off and explain what it is and what it can do. even at 1.2ghz, it is still a awesome device that can do lots of things. also it could help the developers out by real world testing and feedback.

But only that far as I can manage to run the stuff on my "Pyra Spezial Edition CC Pandora Memorial Edition 1,2 ghz"
Also I have to Hope, that Par Exempel ptitseb Will made his stuff also runnable on 1,2 ghz

And I certainly don't want to sell it like this, which is why we're working on that :)

Yes, prototypes will be delivered with these CPU boards, as they are working perfectly fine for devs working on the OS or other things.
Also, the prototype preorders will get them but will also get an updated CPU board later.

And I will also sell some more of these prototypes in case someone wants to get a unit earlier (also for a higher price, but also with a free upgrade to the fixed CPU board later).

I would totally spring for a prototype. I might even be able to help with things above the driver level. (As in I can't write drivers, but I can compile things, and am willing to test and load kernel modules)

@notaz Thanks for clarifying on the state of the CPU.

And I certainly don't want to sell it like this, which is why we're working on that :)

Yes, prototypes will be delivered with these CPU boards, as they are working perfectly fine for devs working on the OS or other things.
Also, the prototype preorders will get them but will also get an updated CPU board later.

And I will also sell some more of these prototypes in case someone wants to get a unit earlier (also for a higher price, but also with a free upgrade to the fixed CPU board later).
How much higher?

Ok then I will wait if neon really ditnt work whit just 1,2 ghz
I expect it will be like on the Pandora where the OS and the Graphics Driver work on all Units from 600 up to 1,4 ghz , and only the very demanding program like X86 Emulator or Dreamcast requires the 1 ghz Unit

On the other side, this way I would get the unit on my location which means it is something i did not need to worry about anymore

I don't know
To support the Project i would maybe pay 100 € more
And when the upgrades CPU board is inklusive way not??

Hi,

time to introduce myself.
I´ m a self-employed IT/ network engineer from Cologne, Germany (man, I love that the term engineer is not trademarked in Germany :)) and have watched this forum silently since march, around which time I´ve preordered.
I´ve always wanted to join the discussions here, but never did. So I thought, that this might be a good time to do so.
I´m so excited about the Pyra, for my everyday work with servers, switches etc. and not having to take around my Laptop. I´m using the GPD Win as a "solution" for that matter, but as I´m using FreeBSD normally, a Windows machine is really not that satisfying to use :-( It´s more of a nice, big Steam/Gameboy for me. And it´s keyboard does not make up for the Windows fact either.
As my custumers are mostly administrators themselfes and geeks of the first hour, I want to volunteer for the 1,2 Ghz Pyra, to show it around and gain some more preorders.

I just can´t stand Windows on the GPD, it´ s driving me crazy, so I´m willing to pay more for getting the Pyra earlier and getting the bug-free board (and whatever stuff may have bugs unfound yet) later and give something back to the community by finding bugs and maybe increasing sales.

but as I´m using FreeBSD normally...

I hope FreeBSD may be able to run on the Pyra someday (probably in the distant future). But I'd be happy to run Linux on it for gaming, development and some productivity until that time.

I would take anything I can get as long as it's a Pyra I can write code with.
Would be very helpful for my studies...
(I study computer science now)

Reactions: rSl
It seems that the decission to use a small CPU daughter-board has already paid off. :)

Back