HF6: Power switch doesn't work with closed lid

Emnasut

Sorry if this was mentioned before, I searched but didn't find anything.

Since I updated to HF6 (via pnd) I can't use the power switch anymore to shut down the Pandora or go into low power mode while the lid is closed. If the lid is opened it's working. My lid options are set to only switch off the screen while closed. Any help on this?

I had to reflash my Pandora to get some of this working properly again (the PND didn't update the kernal for some unknown reason). Even then, if the lid is closed, flipping the power switch won't put the Pandora into low power mode (not sure why that's changed). It's possible to change the lid closing parameter to automatically put the Pandora into low power mode. Shutting the Pandora down completely does work again with holding the power switch in the right position...

Hope this helps? :)

Thanks for the answer, good to know I'm not the only one where this happened. Hm I hoped I wouldn't have to do a full reflash as I customized some things and I don't know exactly what (and how) anymore... :)

Shutting down with the power switch while the lid is closed would be more important, although not being able to go into low power mode with the lid closed is kinda annoying (and strange).

I got very used to powering down using only the switch myself. Hope they sort this out soon, they're usually pretty good with fixing things:)

I had a look at the op_power.sh (I think that was the one) script. At first it looked like there was a file lock in /tmp which forced the script to exit if it existed but I couldn't figure out where exactly the lock was used (and removing the line didn't change anything). I guess I'm still not good enough in Linux to figure stuff like that out myself...

I got very used to powering down using only the switch myself. Hope they sort this out soon, they're usually pretty good with fixing things:)
I always power down from the desktop :unsure: :)

Last edited:
You can power down the Pandora with the Switch? I thought you only can go to the powersave mode with it (or make a hard reset). ^^"

Hello

Just checked mine after release 6.

My Pandora is set to go into screen off and low power mode on closing lid.

Push power switch to the right turns Pandora On.

Close lid, screen goes off, no low power mode.

With lid open push power switch to the right, Pandora goes into low power mode, and stays that way

when you close the lid.

Low power mode ON/OFF only obtainable for me via the power switch with lid open.

Did not think that you could ever turn the Pandora of via the power switch though, always done from

the menus etc.

You can power down the Pandora with the Switch? I thought you only can go to the powersave mode with it (or make a hard reset). ^^"
Holding the switch to the right for 4 or 6 seconds triggers an interrupt that will initiate the shutdown process.

If the Pandora has so completely and totally locked up that it literally can't do anything, holding it to the right for 8 seconds will trigger a hard shutdown, but this probably will never happen because it requires that the kernel itself actually be unable to respond to interrupts, not just foreground applications not responding to user (including moving the mouse on the desktop).

Holding the switch to the right for 4 or 6 seconds triggers an interrupt that will initiate the shutdown process.

If the Pandora has so completely and totally locked up that it literally can't do anything, holding it to the right for 8 seconds will trigger a hard shutdown, but this probably will never happen because it requires that the kernel itself actually be unable to respond to interrupts, not just foreground applications not responding to user (including moving the mouse on the desktop).

Hello

Not for me........

That has never worked for me either, no matter what firmware version I had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shut down my Pandora that way almost since I got it (as soon as I found out), it's a lot easier, especially if I'm about to tuck it away. :)

Sorry if this was mentioned before, I searched but didn't find anything.

Since I updated to HF6 (via pnd) I can't use the power switch anymore to shut down the Pandora or go into low power mode while the lid is closed. If the lid is opened it's working. My lid options are set to only switch off the screen while closed. Any help on this?

Same problem here. Never happened before this release.

I always switch off from within minimenu.
Try booting into the full desktop once, and doing the "hold right for a few seconds" thing to see if it starts the shut down process then. My Pandora is in the other room and I'm too lazy to stand up and check myself, but I suspect Minimenu might not handle the interrupt correctly where the desktop does.

I always switch off from within minimenu.
Try booting into the full desktop once, and doing the "hold right for a few seconds" thing to see if it starts the shut down process then. My Pandora is in the other room and I'm too lazy to stand up and check myself, but I suspect Minimenu might not handle the interrupt correctly where the desktop does.

Hello

Yup, off switch works in desktop.

Back