Power Lead

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight tog
Website
Visit site
lo people
saw that it would be wise to have a power supply for my gp2x when updating firmware.
anyone know a cheaper one i can buy in england whichll fit the gp2x? I could buy the official one, but its european so id need an adapter, meaning 5£ extra on price.
thanks in adavnce :)

I live in England i bought the US adapter along with a unversal adapter from liksang.com it didnt cost much (about £13 excluding P&P). get it if its NEEDED if not wait for a uk one.

Squidge posted on Feb 22 2006 at 09:46 PM said:
You can get a suitable one from Maplins or Argos for around £10.

cool
3V isnt it

Last edited by a moderator:
It needs to be around an amp or so minimum, yeah - I can't find a link to it, but somewhere there's a post showing how much current the gp2x draws, and I think the max was around 800mA..so no, 600mA wouldn't be enough.

3.3V is the official voltage requirement, but it'll work just fine on 3V. Most of the cheap adaptors only output a rough voltage anyway, so you may find that a 3V one output about 3.2V.

You do need about 800ma though. Although some people are using 500ma adaptors, there's no guarantee of reliability here, and the last thing you want to do is have the adaptor overheat or blow up.

Back