Ac Adapter (use In Australia)

Citizen Kawala

Still Fresh
Hello all,

I need advise for using my AC adpater. I bought the official GP2X one from a place here in Australia. It included a supposed adapter for our australian system, however the adapter did not fit and is pretty much useless to me.

Forgive my ignorance with technical terms etc, but I noticed that the official AC comes in 2 'parts', the part that plugs into the GP2X which is connected to a little box and then a 2nd lead that plugs into the wall. I noticed that the lead that plugs into the wall seems to be IDENTICAL to my xbox power lead (including the voltage printed on it)

my question is: is it safe to use this one (xbox lead) instead of the UK GPX2 lead? Or will I blow up my GP2X?

Thanks

CK

Yes use the xbox lead, the lead is just a standard cable used on many appliances or audio visual equipment, it is sometimes called a figure eight cable. You might be able to pinch one off an old VCR or DVD player.

Iorgy77 said:
Yes use the xbox lead, the lead is just a standard cable used on many appliances or audio visual equipment, it is sometimes called a figure eight cable. You might be able to pinch one off an old VCR or DVD player.
Great! Thanks a lot for the help.

CK

Last edited by a moderator:
Citizen Kawala said:
You might be able to pinch one off an old VCR or DVD player.
They sell them at electronics stores too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back