Posting from my new Pandora!!

DavidBowman

I just got it from the post office!

Lighter than I had imagined. Everything seems to function correctly. Hooked it up to wifi without any real trouble. Truly sorry if I'm rubbing it in, I'm just excited and trying to learn the keyboard (the qulity of the keybord is excellent, btw)!

Thank you to the whole team for all of your hard work, this is totally worth it!

Full review to follow sometime in the future!

Nothing wrong with a good rub in. You bastard! :p

It's good to hear how they are arriving and how happy people are with them. It enhances the anticipation in a good way.

So enjoy!

Why should i hate you David?

I would more hate me because i ditnt order at day one,

i wish you very much fun whit your pandora, i hope you enjoy it..

but i hope i get mie unit soon to, but i ordered on 1.nov 2008...

Hate you? Dude I love you! (No homo) Good to see more and more Pandoras in the wild, hopefully that will calm the squabbling a bit! Looking forward to your review...

Hate you? Dude I love you! (No homo)

... can't it be both? :lol:

Nah, I don't really think anyone would hate me. Envy maybe...

It's a really nice unit. Nothing looks wrong so far (and I've been shirking a lot of my work today to play with it). I look forward to playing with it more tonight and getting some emulators up and running. I've been holding off on replaying EarthBound until I got my unit, so it looks like it's high time to stomp Giygas once again (I've been replaying this game over and over for the last 17 years, and I've yet to get bored with it)!

I was a day one preorder, so it has been a long wait. It's surreal really to have this thing in my hands now. I probably would have done more gaming on it 2 years ago, but I know that it will still be very useful to me. I run linux on all of my PCs now, so I'm hoping to interface this with them and use VNC and all that jazz.

I wouldn't even consider selling it on eBay, not for a second!

I'll definitely do a full review once I've had the chance to really get to know it. Now I just need to name it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon we'll be two!

Mine will arrive today at the post office (If there's no blizzards, avalaches, armageddon or union strikes).

just have to fight my way through the rest of the day!

You're mah brotha from anotha pandorah

...Now I just need to name it...
Prrrrrrecious
See, this was easily done for me. I name my gear after Mega Man-related stuff (big surprise, right? :p ), and there's a character in Mega Man ZX called Pandora (the sibling of another character known as Prometheus, from who I take my username, so as to construct this play-on-words that nobody will get). That said, I wonder how many other people's Pandoras are just called "Pandora". :p

Anyway, congratulations David and Viking! Now you need to join the Offline Retro Gaming League over at the other forum. :D

I do plan on participating with the league as soon as I get the chance to really play with everything (I can't stop myself from only playing a few minutes of one game before I switch to another).

For me at least, this is an obvious choice, but I think that my Pandora will be named TMA-1 (for Tycho Magnetic Anomaly #1 from 2001: A Space Odyssey). TMA-1 was the black monolith for those of you who don't know. Sit it up on its side and voilà! Instant monolith.

Thanks everyone! Happy to be part of the community!

@Prometheus - I love Mega Man too, though I fear not to the extent that you do, so yes I can see why that would be an obvious name. Just as my love for Arthur C. Clarke's work makes my choice obvious to me.

I do plan on participating with the league as soon as I get the chance to really play with everything (I can't stop myself from only playing a few minutes of one game before I switch to another).
It seems that everyone goes through this. :lol: It will pass, then you, too, can join in with not only the league, but that thread in General Talk here where we list what games we've finished on the Pandora. :p

I'm to embarressed to make a new topic about this, buuuuut....

How to you install .pnd files?

Yes I know, read the guide. But I can't get it working!

I've made the folders like it said, put the .pnd files in the folders, inserted SD cards

BUT IT WON'T WORK!

Can't make the files run nor the minimenu can't seem to find them.

And it also says the SD cards are in mass storage mode..

help?

PS: YAY! PANDORA!!!

viking, check the vid-a-days ed made

Lesson learned:

1. Remember the PANDORA folder then inside menu, desktop etc

2. Don't have anything else lying around with the menu, desktop etc. folders.. fudging it up :p

Thanks!

Review in near future

^ I am laughing so hard at those, Stan. :lol: Awesome naming scheme.

I wonder what you named your kids, if you have any (or what you'll name them)...

For me, I don't usually name my stuff, or my pets: I wait for them to be evolved enough to tell me their real names. Pandora is almost there ;)

I'll bet he named Stan Jr. and Standie. (like Sandy, but with a 'T'.)

Back